• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How did I miss this?

Mohonri

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
5,775
So last night I noticed that I couldn't open the log file on my main computer using EM3. A few days ago, EM3 got confused about the queue, so it wasn't showing good information. But last night, when I couldn't even open the fahlog.txt, I got suspicious. So I went to that machine and opened the log file.....and for 11 days, it's been trying to get a new WU from Stanford. Ick. I deleted everything except the client and client.cfg, and restarted the service, and all seems well now. But 11 days of production lost! Grrr.....

Make sure you check your boxen every once in a while--I wonder if some of my borgs aren't doing the same thing.
 
Was it trying to download a Linux client on a Windows machine?

I have one of those.
 
Nope, no attempt at the linux client. It was just repeatedly trying to get work from the assignment server, and failing.
 
Back
Top