How comfortable are v-moda vibes?

MichaelJB

Limp Gawd
I ordered a samsung k3 (4gb) from amazon yesterday, recieved it today. The earphones supplied are average at best (not that i expected anything better for free supplied earphones).

Now im no audiophile, and i know the k3 isnt known for its superior sound quality, but i want some decent earbuds that are confortable to wear for long periods of time, and ones that wont come loose while im jogging, better sound quality sorta goes without saying, but takes a backfoot compared to comfort.

I spotted the v-moda vibes, they look pretty cool, and i have heard from other posts that there quality isnt half bad, however i would like to hear some opinions of owners on how comfortable they are.

As far as comfort goes I think Westone is king. I just ordered a set of UM2s as I can't seem to get a good fit with my E2Cs. A pair of UM1s (single driver variant of the UM2s) can be had from Earphone solutions for $109. I think the Vibes go for about $89.

I'm not really sure what you're coming from, but for me using IEM's at all took some getting used to but I really like them now (Shure E4G's). Just to throw that out there in case that's your situation...

Jamming something in your ear is definitely an odd experience at first I found...Again, though, they grew on me in a big way.

The new Samsung K3 has a fantastic sound, better than my ZVM and my son's Sansa 260. Not as loud/harsh in the base as the ZVM, but mids and highs have more detail and smoothness. Great for vocals, guitar and piano. Sound nice with the Senn 100 portable headphones. If you want the most comfortable earbuds, try the Sony MDR-EX90 ($99).

As far as comfort goes I think Westone is king. I just ordered a set of UM2s as I can't seem to get a good fit with my E2Cs. A pair of UM1s (single driver variant of the UM2s) can be had from Earphone solutions for $109. I think the Vibes go for about $89.

Good choice on the UM2. I find them to be far more comfortable than the e2gs I had before. I'm using the comply tips which IMO are far more comfortable than the shure set I also ordered with them. I think I get a better fit with the Shure foamies though.

Now I'm just trying to restrain myself from ordering up some custom tips for them to no longer have to worry about foam :)

Back