How come my icon changed?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Well all the music files of mine changed their icons. Before they had the WMP icon but now they have a generic looking one. They still open with WMP though. How do I change them back?

Open up My Computer>Tools>Folder Options>File Types>extension>change>select WMP. Otherwise try unchecking file associations in WMP and then re-checking them.

Yoblad said:
Open up My Computer>Tools>Folder Options>File Types>extension>change>select WMP. Otherwise try unchecking file associations in WMP and then re-checking them.

I went through that folder options method but it showed the WMP icon when I changed it in the menu but when I go to the music fiels they still have the old icons...

Find an MP3, Right-click-properties, hit the change button. Select another program, then do the same thing and select WMP and see if that corrects the problem.

Phoenix86 said:
Find an MP3, Right-click-properties, hit the change button. Select another program, then do the same thing and select WMP and see if that corrects the problem.

Did that...Icon stayed the same when I changed the program...Stayed the same when I changed back also...

Back