How can you install say w10 on an old w7 pc?

Airbrushkid

2[H]4U
How can you install say w10 on an old w7 pc with hardware that doesn't qualify for Win10? Saw an old video talking about installing win10 on a w7 machine.

What hardware do you have that meets the specs for Windows 7, but not 10? From what I can tell, the specs didn't change, but I only skimmed the processor lists, maybe there's some exclusions?

If your hardware meets the spec, use the media tool or download an iso from Microsoft and install it. Figure out licensing, etc.

just install it and let windows update pickup the drivers. 10s requirements are only like 1ghz single core, 2gb ram and 30gb drive space. most w7 era PCs fit that.

How can you install say w10 on an old w7 pc with hardware that doesn't qualify for Win10? Saw an old video talking about installing win10 on a w7 machine.

Windows 7 drivers work on Win10 so you're good. It's the other way around that is likely to not work.

Thank you guys. Back then my old i7 - 4770 was not on their list for w10. So I stayed right where I am.

Yeah I have been running that old rig 8 or 9 years or more. I don't remember anymore. I am now building my last rig. And will run W11 pro on it. I just hate microsoft. So I want to be able to shut all their crap off!

Back