how can u test for banding?

ldbs

n00b
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
15
with my nec monitor i have now 1940.. awesome good colours etc etc.

no dead pixels.. but how can u dead for
banding?
i see people talk about it but i have

no idea what it is.
 
just check to see if you have a 6bit or 8bit monitor. you shouldnt see any banding on an 8bit, even on a 6bit its rare to actually notice it. (I have a 6bit)

a video clip of a movie like 'the Fog' will most decidedly show banding if its there. just look at the fog itself.
You can also look for video or pictures of sunsets/sunrises
 
Hopefully you have photoshop. If so, open 'er up, choose the gradient tool (same button as the paint bucket/fill tool), open a decent sized blank document, select a decent strong colour (black will do fine) and draw a horizontal gradient.

I disagree with the previous comment, I almost all LCDs have at least some slight banding, inlcuding 8-bit panels.
 
Back
Top