How can I track a dynamic IP address.

Hi Guys
I just wanted to know how can I track a dynamic IP address. The reason why I am asking is because my dad lives about 40miles from me and I would like to logon to his computer from my apt and my dad is currently using frontier dsl connection with a westell 6100 modem. Is there any software or what do I need to do to configure this?

Get an account with no-ip.com or dyndns or something. Then set up the auto-updater on his computer.

That way you get a domain name to use, rather than an IP.

Use TeamViewer or LogMeIn. No need to worry about changing IPs with it.

+1 Teamviewer

Me: could you give me the 4 digits in the right?
Mom: 5555
Me: tanks!

+1 Teamviewer

Me: could you give me the 4 digits in the right?
Mom: 5555
Me: tanks!

Or you can set it up so they don't even need to give you the password, you just hit connect, type in the password that you setup, and away you go. Works just like logmein then.

Or you can set it up so they don't even need to give you the password, you just hit connect, type in the password that you setup, and away you go. Works just like logmein then.

I like teamviewer for phone support with clients but if I have to log into a server or PC with say VNC viewer, its nice to not to always call someone for a # and a password too.

At home for instance I use a dynamicDNS service from D-Link on my router, and just setup port fowarding for my home server to use vnc. Therefore I only have to do this by using a domain name. The same works with getting a no-ip account.

Back