How can I take a screenshot of a movie ???

Kryogen

Gawd
How can I take a screenshot of a movie ???
When i press printscreen, there is no way of doing a screenshot. Why?
Is there a way around that

Thanks

Depending on what DVD viewing software you are using there usually is a button for making a screen capture. Ive been using Nvidias dvd player, it has that function as one of the F keys. It can also do sound capturing for those all so important Office Space quotes.

I believe you have my stapler.

I don't suppose your using Linux. If you are, Xine has that ability. Not sure of a Windows-bases media player that does that.

I use a program called OSS Video Decompiler that lets you convert individual frames of an avi movie to jpegs/bitmaps. Got it off download.com. The licensing on download.com says registration/fee required, but for some reason I'm able to do all the functions so far without any limitation.

1. Download and install a program called FRAPS. It can be found HERE and the latest version is only 623Kb (1Mb install).

2. Open the program and go to the FPS (frames per second) Tab. Beneath the "overlay corner" icon, check "disabled".

3. Now go to the Screenshots Tab. Set the destination directory for your screenshots, and the hotkey you wish to use to take them. Now minimize to the taskbar and you're ready to go.

4. Open the movie and use the hotkey to take screenshots.**

5. Use a program like Paint or Photoshop to edit your screenshots. They're taken as Bitmap images by default, so resize and compress as you see fit then save them as a jpg.

6. Upload your screenshots to one of the AEC uploaders (or an alternate host, if you prefer) and you're ready to post those previews that we all love to see!

** One bug I've noticed is that if you pause the movie to take a screenshot, it doesn't show up in the designated folder until you take another shot while the movie is playing/unpaused.

stolen from genmay.net

Or, heres another way.... I'm assuming you're using WMP:

Goto options and lower the vdieo acceleration down a notch or two, restart WMP, then hit Printscreen. Now it isnt black anymore.

RandysWay said:
Or, heres another way.... I'm assuming you're using WMP:

Goto options and lower the vdieo acceleration down a notch or two, restart WMP, then hit Printscreen. Now it isnt black anymore.

There's an easier way if you are using WMP. Start WMP, go to options, Performance, click Advanced and uncheck "Use overlays." Then PRTSCRN will work.

Kaizer said:
Ive been using Nvidias dvd player, it has that function as one of the F keys. It can also do sound capturing for those all so important Office Space quotes.

I believe you have my stapler.

Wha? Where? I didn't see that with my 6800 Ultra!

jimnms said:
There's an easier way if you are using WMP. Start WMP, go to options, Performance, click Advanced and uncheck "Use overlays." Then PRTSCRN will work.

There's a million different ways to take a screen, isnt there? :)

I dont think the nvidia player came with my 6800, I think it came with my BFG geforce 4 4200. It didnt require any keys or anything to install. Ive personally found it to be the best player around.

there is a screen capture on just about every DVD video software.... Print screen does not capture video

FRAPS FRAPS!!!

pretty good program. can take screen shots of any video/game...could aslo record any movie/game too

One thing to keep in mind is that if you are using the video card chip to render the video stream directly into the screen buffer, you can't use the standard screen cap tools. You end up with a colored box where the video is displayed.

To fix that, go into your video card settings (it varies from card to card), and turn off hardware video acceleration.

Back