How can i run World of Warcraft through a proxy server?

MaxOut313

Weaksauce
Ok heres question I cant figure out. How can I run world of warcraft through a proxy server? I can get IE to work easy, but how can i get World of warcraft to work off the proxy address? Is there a program or anything i can do to get the game to grab Internet acesss off the proxy's address?? I dont have access to the proxy just connect to it. Anyone have and suggestion or know how to do this?

Thanks

Since i've never played WoW, i am assuming it uses a specific port to communicate to the servers.

If that port is blocked by the proxy, you need to contact the admin of the proxy to release it.

If you know that it's blocked, and can't convince the admin to unblock it, and you are asking for a work around, you're SOL in this forum.
It's against the rules to ask that here.

Its not blocked. It just doesnt DHCP. World of warcraft is a game. Im not trying to go around it. Im simply asking is how can i get the game to see that Ip address and port. See IE doesnt see any internet connection unless i put in the proxy ip and port. So thats what im wondering about with the game. The game doesnt have option so im wondering if there is any program that will make game use that ip and port and forward the games port traffice through that proxy.. anyone?

MaxOut313 said:
Its not blocked. It just doesnt DHCP

Which shouldn't have any effect on the game.

To restate the above - if the proxy server doesn't support the port range of your application then that is the nice way of saying don't use the proxy for that application. If you feel that you should be allowed to use the proxy for WoW ask whomever runs the proxy to open those ports for you.

Simple isn't it?

DHCP doesn't have any thing to do with this. I don't think WoW supports running over a Proxy, and so your out of luck.

You sure WOW's ports aren't blocked by a firewall? The proxy is probably a web proxy (unless you have a proxying firewall) and you have to direct all web traffic through it in IE since your firewall probably only allows port 80 and possibly 443 traffic from that address.

If WOW doesn't work then you need to doublecheck with your network administrator on what ports are and are not allowed. WOW has nothing to do with a web proxy it should be sending it's traffic directly to the internet from your internal network unless a firewall or some sort of traffic monitoring device is blocking it.

Can't do it through a Proxy -- sounds like you're trying to play from somewhere you shouldn't. :eek:

If you have access to an external *nix box with SSH on it, and the ssh port isnt blocked locally, you can forward the WoW traffic through the remote *nix box...I will leave it up to you to figure out how (hint: rtfm)

however, if you are just doing this to feed your addiction to that damn game, and trying to get around some firewall rules at work/school, I hope you get caught playing it and your computer fills with g0atse

Back