how can I restore my iMac to day one?

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
okay, here's the deal. I'm selling my 24" iMac and I need to restore it from day one. now, I would normally go to the restore option and go from there. but my question is, how can I delete the partition that I made when I was using Boot Camp?

I don't know if the new owner will want Boot Camp so therefore I just assume delete the partition (if possible) and make the hard drive like it was from day one.

can I assume that this is possible or is this something that's going to be a pain because I created the seperate partition in Boot Camp? any help will be appreciated....

Go to the boot camp utility on your mac (under utilities) and have it delete the partition.

okay, so I delete the partition and then how do I make the hard drive like day one?

You'll probably want to boot from DVD 1, hold down c when you turn on the iMac to boot from cd.

After deleting that partition you're going to boot off the install CD/DVD and do an "erase and reinstall."

That will erase the hard drive and reinstall the software as it came out of the box. Depending on how long ago you bought the machine you might want to log in and run Software Update afterward to get all caught up.

Back