How Can I Remove These Dents

|Nexus|

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
102
How exactly do people remove dents from computer cases?

Case: Antec 1200

The 2 dents are on the right side panal (the one without a window), and it's made out of steel with black paint on it. I want a method that will not damage the paint, and one that's proven to work. Thanks.
 
There are a number of ways to "pull" a dent out. It might not work depending on the nature of the dent. Look for things like "dent puller" or "pops a dent"
 
depending on the size and location of the dent, you can use dry ice to pop dents out
 
There are a number of ways to "pull" a dent out. It might not work depending on the nature of the dent. Look for things like "dent puller" or "pops a dent"

Have you ever tried either of those on a steel computer case panel?
 
Have you ever tried either of those on a steel computer case panel?

I have not done this, sorry.

The dry ice trick might be myth. A variation on that is canned air using CO2 propellant held upside down. There is also canned circuit coolant specifically design for this task. A variation of this heats the surface first. I've not done any of these myself and I don't know how it might affect the paint finish.
 
I ended up hammering them out, and as destructive as that sounds I'm actually happy with the jobs results.
 
Back
Top