How can I play blu-ray discs on Win 7?

You'll need a third party media player such as Cyberlink, PowerDVD, or Arcsoft. I personally use Arcsoft Total Media Player and find it to be a nice package, especially if you can find it with a discount.

You can also try using Media Player Classic Home Cinema with AnyDVD HD(which bypasses encryption), but I found that it won't always work out correctly. Some of my Blu-Rays would only allow me to hear one of the secondary audio tracks, usually one with voice-over, without any way to change it.

The encryption standard BR uses is a bitch. All your stuff has to be compliant or it just wont work, in which case you've got to figure out a way of decrypting the content a la DVD Decrypter. Boy do I miss that program.

The encryption standard BR uses is a bitch. All your stuff has to be compliant or it just wont work, in which case you've got to figure out a way of decrypting the content a la DVD Decrypter. Boy do I miss that program.

I realized my monitor wasn't HDCP compliant, so I couldn't play Blu Ray on the new drive I just purchased.

A quick search turned up this: http://lifehacker.com/5559007/the-hassle+free-guide-to-ripping-your-blu+ray-collection

It works, it's easy, and best of all - I didn't end up having to purchase a new monitor to watch the videos I purchased.

HDCP-compliant hardware or not, you can't play Blu-rays in MPC-HC unless you decrypt them first.

I realized my monitor wasn't HDCP compliant, so I couldn't play Blu Ray on the new drive I just purchased.

A quick search turned up this: http://lifehacker.com/5559007/the-hassle+free-guide-to-ripping-your-blu+ray-collection

It works, it's easy, and best of all - I didn't end up having to purchase a new monitor to watch the videos I purchased.

I found that out the hard way as well when I built my rig a couple years ago. Good link though, will have to check that out. I'd basically given up on BR as a format, but if I can get high quality rips then all is not lost.

This is a bit off topic, but what is with Blue Ray, it cam out years ago & hardly none of it around. Yoy can find movies, but no software on them.

You don't need HDCP compliant monitor if you use the VGA connection. That's what a friend of mine does anyway but I can't speak from experience.

Back