How can I get scroll in my VBox installs?

Kil4Thril

2[H]4U
I run Vista HP64 and Virtual Box for my VM's. To that, I have added several OS's. I cannot get the scroll wheel to work on my mouse at all (within the VM's). It is a MS Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. I have installed specific drivers within the OS's (XP and Ubuntu) and still nothing.:confused:

I have also tried a Logitech notebook mouse of some sort with no luck, either. I have no corded meeces sitting around to even try, if that's the problem.

Edit: I got the Logitech to scroll in XP, now how can I add the forward/back button functionality?

Under VirtualBox they're called "Guest Additions," so... once that's installed, your mouse should work 100% as it does under the host OS, at least for the basic functionality (left click, right click, mouse scrolling, etc). Never had such issues myself in years of using VMs, but then again, I just use basic Microsoft mice too, and never any additional drivers... ;)

Under VirtualBox they're called "Guest Additions," so... once that's installed, your mouse should work 100% as it does under the host OS, at least for the basic functionality (left click, right click, mouse scrolling, etc). Never had such issues myself in years of using VMs, but then again, I just use basic Microsoft mice too, and never any additional drivers... ;)

For some odd reason I can't get the scroll to work on my MS mouse, but only in the VM. Guest additions installed effortlessly and made visuals better, but it didn't help on the mouse.:confused:

Back