• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How can I edit the "Open with" menu?

Benny Blanco

2[H]4U
Joined
May 4, 2003
Messages
2,609
Hey all,

I did a google search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Just trying to find out how I can edit the "Open with" menu, so I can remove some of this extra crap that I don't want there :)

(why would anyone open a WAV file with internet explorer anyway???)

altmenu.gif


Thanks
Benny
 
regedit

I just can't remember where the keys are, I'll have a look and update my post

Peace

:edit:
found on annoyances.org
re: How do I add programs to the ''Open With'' list?'
Friday, July 4, 2003 at 7:14 am
Posted by Rat [find other messages by Rat]

regedit, Search hkey_users for OpenWithList , If, for example, you wish to update a .doc extension to open with gvim then: find openwithlist key under hkey_users\....\FileExts\.doc , inside this folder you add a string key with the next alphabetical sequence, update MRUlist with the sequence and exit. As long as 'gvim' is in the 'path' variable for your system you should see the inclusion in the open with list when you right click on a .doc file and selecting 'gvim' should open it for you Regards Paul C


On Wednesday, June 4, 2003 at 7:22 pm, MDavis wrote:
>I, too have tried to solve this to no avail. It would be nice if someone knew the
>answer.
>
>

[Reply to this message]
 
My google search came back with a few hits from annoyances.org, but I didn't look thru user messages... that page u linked was much simpler, thanks a lot!!!

altmenu2.gif

altmenu3.gif
 
Back
Top