how can I disable these LEDs?

smell

n00b
11-144-076-40.JPG

that's the case I have, and at the top corners in the front there are LEDs. Whenever I put the computer on Stand by mode, which I like to use, they flash like a strobe light, and they are very bright. This is a problem at night.
Is there anyway to make them not do that? I looked through the FAQ but I couldn't find any info.

The same way you'd smash someone's car headlights.

Not that I don't like BMW. I love BMW. Hate the case.

the top should come off and there should be a cable there unplug it. if not tke off the plastic light cover and take out the led. ill do a little research on it

you can put a switch between them.. find the wire and cut the + side and add a switch.

man, at least help this guy out, dont make stupid posts, like you smell, this forum has changed sooo much in the past few years. jeeezzz. Do you want them to turn off completly or just to strobe slower, or what? Lemme know

Just look for the wires that go to them and unplug the suckers... lol

Go Go Gadget Mini Sun! I''ve seen some bling cases before but for stock that's loud!

The best way is to look at the case carefully. There should be a way to remove the front Bezel from the case. Most cases use screws to hold it in place. Some others will use plastic clips. You'll need to look at the front carefully.

I know you're not going to like the sound of this but you should really remove EVERYTHING from the case to help out. Yes even the CDROM drives. Some cases have a lip that will catch on the sides of CD/DVDROM drive faces and either break them or bend them. Take it from personal experiance, one ruinded drive facia is enough to teach you that lesson.

If you don't want the LEDs on at all, cut the wires and use electrical tape to ensure they don't short on anything else but I HIGHLY recommend trying to get the face off first. You may find that all the LEDs are wired in series and cutting the wires will render all the LEDs useless. That's the deal with my case. The power LED has its own wires but the lights on the bubble tubes on the sides all feed off the same wires.

Back