How can I change Media Types on WinXP??

Ladic

[H]ard|Gawd
Where do I find the option to manually change which player becomes the default for a extension.

For example, right now Winamp is my dafault for MPEG4, MPEG Media, etc, but I would like Windows Media Player to be the default player for those.

Also within most programs themselves, in the options somewhere..is usually a checkbox to make it the default player.

In WMP, Tools==>Options==>File Types....and you have a long list of media file type extensions with checkboxes.

also winamp has an "agent" that wil reassociate those files whenev winamp is turned back on, so be sure to disable that in the winamp file associations. otherwise wour folder options work will be undone.

i love [H]. they always include the little "details" people miss like ^^^ i was about to say the same for winamp and MP.

Hold the Shift key down, right click on a filetype and choose Open with... and then pick the appropriate application you'd like to open that filetype, make sure the "Always open with..." box is checked, click Apply, click OK, done.

Back