How bout this.Next gen system Only new games. No sequals or prequals

kmanuel

Weaksauce
wouldn't it be cool to only have never seen before games on the new systems.. No more sequals or prequals. New characters, new everything!

if you watched the ps3 launch they showed trailers/game footage for both existing franchises and new ones.

darkhorse said:
if you watched the ps3 launch they showed trailers/game footage for both existing franchises and new ones.

the point I'm tryin to make is, how about only NEW NEVER SEEN BEFORE GAMES AND CHARACTERS. No kill zone 2, Mario 7 or dead or alive 4

Man you telling me you wouldnt want to see a new Quake, Mario, Panzar Dragoon, Halo, Chrono Trigger or Metal Gear on a next gen system? Not me, hell I wish they would make over half the games for Genesis and SNES. Nothing wrong with making over or updating what works as long as its fresh IMO.

It would be nice, see which company can survive being fresh, no more of this bullshit of having to rely on a game series that been beaten to death.

LiquidX said:
Man you telling me you wouldnt want to see a new Quake, Mario, Panzar Dragoon, Halo, Chrono Trigger or Metal Gear on a next gen system? Not me, hell I wish they would make over half the games for Genesis and SNES. Nothing wrong with making over or updating what works as long as its fresh IMO.

Damn I forgot all about Panzer Dragoon. And chrono trigger is something I would really like to see a sequal too, chrono cross just didn't seam like a sequal.

MeanieMan said:
It would be nice, see which company can survive being fresh, no more of this bullshit of having to rely on a game series that been beaten to death.

You said it... How many more Maddens are we gonna get. maddens 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 ---- madden 2050?

Bah....I think we could use a few sequels. Some games are more than deserving (ie Return Fire for the 3DO - I don't even count that crap-heap of a sequel that was put out for the PC).

However, I do see your point about some series becoming pointless (ie, GTA:New York, GTA: Atlanta, GTA: Denver, GTA: San Antonio, GTA: Seattle, GTA: London, etc.).

wfalcon said:
Bah....I think we could use a few sequels. Some games are more than deserving (ie Return Fire for the 3DO - I don't even count that crap-heap of a sequel that was put out for the PC).

However, I do see your point about some series becoming pointless (ie, GTA:New York, GTA: Atlanta, GTA: Denver, GTA: San Antonio, GTA: Seattle, GTA: London, etc.).
i like the stories in gta though. its like books in a series. maybe in the next one the three characters which we have turned into criminal kingpins will fight it out.

Back