How Bad is Your Backlog?

My backlog is large enough that I could probably live several lifetimes doing nothing but playing video games, but I'm a collector rather than an actual game player. I find that I'm always going back to the same few games when there are so many more games that I do want to play from the games that I own, but for some reason, I just never can pull myself away.

I am now about 40games behind on the PC and 1 game behind on the xbox.
It's not that I play more games on the xbox...it's that I buy steam packs and get enormous quantities of games from steam.

I've been pretty "good" (to my g/f's detriment, sorry to say) in that my backlog it pretty short of games I want to play:

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. Fable III
3. Alan Wake
4. Super Meat Boy
5. BC2 'Nam

Waiting for two of those to come to PC, the other I'll pick up in upcoming months in a bargain bin. I have no interest in recent COD or Medal of Honor and a number of other recent "banner" releases. I categorize 2010 as "the year the FPS died", for me at least.

I do, however, have an ever-growing list of older games from GOG I want to play again for nostalgia or that I missed back in the day:

Gabriel Knight (all three)
Arx Fatalis
Aquanox
Out of this World

Last edited:
My backlog is probably close to 20 due to the fact that I am playing World of Warcraft again.

On consoles, I'm playing through Lost Odyssey. Then

PS3
Kane + Lynch 2
3D Dot Heroes
Demons Soul

SW Force Unleashed
Red Dead
Dark Premonition
Alan Wake

After Odyssey (on Disk 4 after on 3 freakin months) I'm thinking of hitting up K+L2 and then Alan Wake. Both are 5-8 hrs or so right? How about 3D Dot and Force Unleashed, how long do those take to play through?

After Odyssey (on Disk 4 after on 3 freakin months) I'm thinking of hitting up K+L2 and then Alan Wake. Both are 5-8 hrs or so right?
According to Steam, Kane & Lynch 2 took me 3.7 hours to complete.

Keep in mind that is the amount of time spent in the game. The amount of time I spent actually playing levels is lower. Anyway, the game only cost me 5 bucks, so I'm not too bothered by it. I also bought it with the intention of playing co-op, which I haven't gotten around to doing yet but I probably will sometime soon.

Fourteen games on Steam. However, most of those games were bundled with another games and I never really intended on playing them.

Got through K+L 2 and on the last Alan Wake DLC right now. I want to tackle one more shorty before going for Red Dead.

What kind of hours would I need to invest to finish either 3D Dot Heroes, Demons Soul or SW Force Unleashed 1?

Around 25, but some of those were purchased knowing I would likely not play. I just wanted to have them on steam, or for a rainy day replay down the road. It's probably closer to 10 for actual games I will play.

300+ games between my steam, amazon account, windows live, d2d 0_o
and no plans to play any of them good day gentlemen! :mad:

Glad to see I'm not the only one that suffers from steam saleitis. Coming from being a mac user, building a gaming pc, and expanding my steam library from 3 games to 55+ in 2 months, id say I'm about 49 games behind. The nice thing about console, is a disc is required, so I usually only physically go to buy games when a new hit is released. Steam advertises everytime I log on... and I can't not buy a game for <$5.

Try to get all achievments a WoW and you'll see what is wasting time... I think this finished games backlog is more for the console crowd... PC gaming nowadays is much more multiplayer centric i think.

ya, I probably have 300 steam games and played about 60 of them. No hurry for the others. The best thing about the daily sales is that they have not put up anything interesting. But the summer sales are coming... and I am afraid. Very afraid....

For me, it's World of Warcraft's fault... it caused my backlog to get out of control and it may never recover.

Not as bad as some of you, but I wish it was smaller.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Batman: Arkham Asylum [PS3]
Mass Effect 2 [PC]

UP NEXT
Crysis 2 [PC]
Dead Space 2 [PS3]
Dragon Age 2 [PC]
Duke Nukem Forever [PC]
Fallout New Vegas [PC]
Heavy Rain [PS3]
Portal 2 [PC]
Uncharted 1 [PS3]
Uncharted 2 [PS3]
The Witcher 2 [PC]

"MAYBES" (because of limited gaming time)
KOTOR 1
The Witcher 1
Trine
Stalker series

Terrible. Between PC and 360 I haven't finished over the last several years...

Half Life 2 Episode 2
STALKER
Company of Heros
Dead Rising 2
FEAR 2
Crysis
Far Cry 1
KOTOR 2
Far Cry 2
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
Jedi Knight 3
Medal of Honor Allied Assault
Mech Warrior 3 expansions
Fallout 3 Expansions
Oblivion Expansions
Portal
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Bioshock
Rock Band 2
Grand Theft Auto Vice City / San Andreas / 4

I'm too busy playing RIFT, Halo Reach and Mortal Kombat to do much else

Overall I got too many damn games to play, I think I haven't finished over 70 of these titles.

Warning Over 90 games. Even so my reasoning follow this ";" if I have finished or not.

01 Aliens vs Predator™ ; Still haven't played
02 Amnesia: The Dark Descent ;Only played through demo
03 Assassin's Creed™: Director's Cut Edition ; Not played yet
04 Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition ; Not played yet
05 BioShock™ ; Only played demo
06 Borderlands ; Finished over 4 times, and the first 3 DLC packs as well awesome game
07 Call of Juarez®: Bound in Blood ; Yet to play enjoyed the first so this game is actually rather high priority
08 Call of Juarez™ ; Finished and it was on of my favorite game story's ever
09 Colin McRae DiRT 2 ; Played like 2 hours
10 Company of Heroes ; Played the demo
11 Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts ; Not played
12 Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor ; Not played
13 Counter-Strike: Source ; Played for a couple years back in the day, best multiplayer shooter ever
14 Crysis ; Played the demo
15 Crysis Warhead® ; Not played
16 Dark Messiah Might and Magic™ ; Finished twice, awesome game
17 Darksiders™ ; Haven't played
18 Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition ; Played through the first level, game is dated but fairly enjoyable so might eventually return to it.
19 Deus Ex: Invisible War ; haven't played
20 Devil May Cry 4 ; Haven't played
21 DiRT ; haven't played
22 Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition ; haven't played
23 F.E.A.R. ; Played the demo, enjoyed it and plan to play the full game sooner or later
24 F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin ; haven't played
25 Fallout 3 ; Beat multiple times, loved this game and plan to play it again sometime in the neaer future fully modded out
26 Fallout: New Vegas ; Beat over 4 times, very good Fallout and Elder Scrolls are like crack to me
27 Far Cry® 2: Fortune's Edition ; haven't played
28 FlatOut ; Haven't played
29 FlatOut 2™ ; haven't played
30 FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage ; haven't played
31 Freedom Force ; haven't played
32 Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich ; haven't played
33 Frontlines™: Fuel of War™ ; played a little didn't get very far, shooting mechanics seemed a bit off but I may return to this one if I get bored of everything else.
34 FUEL™ ; Played a little, enjoyable but driving mechanics are a too unrealistic for my taste.
35 Full Spectrum Warrior ; haven't played
36 Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers ; haven't played
37 Gothic II: Gold Edition ; played for a few minutes, very dated gameplay
38 Gothic® 3 ; better gameplay then the second but definitely no Oblivion
39 Grand Theft Auto IV ; Haven't played
40 GRID™ ; Played over 100 hours easy, however I didn't unlock everything so I might return to this game eventually
41 Half-Life 2 ; Beat this game a few years after it came out, was too busy playing Counter-Strike: Source!
42 Half-Life 2: Deathmatch : Pretty fun for awhile but CS:S Is way better IMO.
43 Half-Life 2: Episode One : haven't played yet, was waiting on episode 3 but I might go ahead before then.
44 Half-Life 2: Episode Two ; Same as episode one
45 Half-Life 2: Lost Coast ; Never played, just a tech demo though so doubt I will
46 Half-Life Deathmatch: Source ; haven't tried it, in fact I just noticed it on my games list, lol that's bad might have to give it a shot.
47 Half-Life: Source ; Played through the first level or so, definitely need to go back and finish it sometime.
48 Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights ; haven't played
49 Just Cause 2 ; Played like 7 hours, very fun game definitely need to finish this one sometime
50 King Arthur Collection ; looks like a fun total war type game, may play it when I feel like it.
51 Men of War™ ; haven't played
52 Metro 2033 ; played a few hours, need to go back and finish it though.
53 Mount & Blade With Fire & Sword ; played for a bit, like the gunplay but it's much more difficult then Warband, need to adjust my tactics
54 Mount & Blade: Warband ; played original Mount and Blade hundreds of hours from 2006-2010 since this game came out haven't played Mount and Blade that much even though this is a huge improvement I'm focusing on other games right now.
55 Neverwinter Nights™ 2 Platinum ; haven't played
56 Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising ; played a little while, postive first impression although a definite console port, may finish sometimes in the future.
57 Portal ; haven't played
58 Prince of Persia® ; haven't played
59 Prince of Persia®: The Sands of Time ; played through about 70% of the game, need to go back and finish sometime
60 Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones™ ; never played
61 Prince of Persia: Warrior Within™; played the demo, had a fantastic expience which pretty much sold me on the series.
62 Red Faction ; played a little bit, very dated gameplay
63 Red Faction Guerrilla ; Fun gameplay need to finish sometime
64 Red Faction II ; Some fun things but definitely dated.
65 S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat ; Very good looking game with the Complete mod, this is definitely high on my list but I always get distracted from finishing it
66 S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky ; played a little bit, same as above
67 S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl ; finished earlier this year, fantastic game and gameplay with Oblivion Lost.
68 Saints Row 2 ; Didn't really like this game, no plans to go back to it
69 Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter ; planing on playing this series sometimes when I find the time.
70 Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
71 Shadowgrounds ; Looks cool
72 Shadowgrounds Survivor
73 Singularity™ ; Story looks interesting, definite for at least one playthrough sometime
74 Street Fighter® IV ; played over 20 hours, like the mechanics although I feel annoyed with the series right now after Capcom said they were offing Super Streetfighter IV arcade edition for 20$ for current SFIV owners but it's 36$, that means I'm not buying SSFV: Arcade edition until it goes on sale.
75 Super Meat Boy ; Looks fun, may play later
76 The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition ; Beat the main-quest, didn't finish either expansion but logged well over 200 hours into this game.
77 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition ; Can't stay away from this game, I've probably put over 1,000 hours total into it and just keep coming back for more, the primary reason I haven't finished many of my other games
78 The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut ; finished the demo but failed to get any further then that in the actual game
79 Titan Quest ; played for a bit, game is dated but not bad, perhaps I might play it later
80 Titan Quest - Immortal Throne
81 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 ; haven't played
82 Trackmania United Forever Star Edition ; Played this one a lot for awhile, very fun trick/time based racing game, will return to it sometime again.
83 Trine ; game looks awesome, definitely on my to-play list
84 Two Worlds Epic Edition ; Combat, Dialog and Animations in this game make Bethesda's look great, those horrible features I couldn't get past
85 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade ; Beat this game, definitely was a blast
86 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Gold Edition ; Beat Space Marine chapter and played a lot, very good.
87 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War® 2 Chaos Rising ; Played a bit back in beta stages but haven't got around to it since then.
88 Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War - Soulstorm ; still on my sometime list but when it came out I was already too busy with other games
89 Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II ; On my to play list
90 Wings of Prey ; haven't played yet
91 World of Zoo ; played for a little bit, kinda wierd but fun for younger people I imagine
92 Zeno Clash ; beat this game in 3.5 hours, definite worth playing through
93 SBK®2011 FIM Superbike World Championship ; This is the only game I listed here that is not on Steam and can't be bought inside the U.S.A. excellent game though and I'd definitely buy it on steam if it was released on it.

That's a well done list. You and I seem to have similar addictions with Bethesda games.

The whole lot of you who haven't played KOTOR (1 or 2) should get on the stick, man.

My backlog consists of the HL series and KOTOR (current playing). That's about it. Not much of a single player guy.

184 games on my Steam list

Completed/played a substantial amount through Steam: Borderlands, Call of Duty: World at War, Counter-Strike: Source / Beta, Crysis, Dead Rising 2, Defense Grid, Deux Ex, Fallout: New Vegas, Flight Control HD, King's Bounty: The Legend & Armored Princess, Metra 2033, Plants v. Zombies, Portal, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Clear Sky, Super Meat Boy, Torchlight, Trine

Completed/played a substantial amount before owning it on Steam, but bought it anyway because I enjoyed the game so much and I couldn't resist a sale: Bad Company 2, Morrowind, GTA IV, HL2, Episode 1 & 2, Hitman: Blood Money, Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum, Titan Quest, Star Wars (KOTOR, Jedi Academy, Mysteries of Sith)

Played more than 5 hours: Braid, Left 4 Dead 2,

Played a little: Amnesia, Assassin's Creed 2, Atom Zombie Smasher, Audiosurf, Beyond Good & Evil, Bioshock 2, Blueberry Garden, Chime, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Darksiders, Dirt 2, F.E.A.R., HL2 Deathmatch & Lost Coast, Hitman 2, Hoard, Jolly Rover, King's Bounty: Crossworlds, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Lumines, Machinarium, Mass Effect 2, Mount & Blade, Rush, Call of Pripyat, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Space Chem, Swords and Soliders, Team Fortress 2, TQ: Immortal Throne, Toki Tori, Trials 2, Unreal Tournament 3, Vampire: The Masquerade, World of Goo

Never played: Altitude, And Yet It Moves, Batman:AA, Battlestations: Midway / Pacific, Burnout Paradise, Red Alert 3, Conflict: Denied Ops, Crysis Warhead / Wars, Dark Messiah M&M Single / Multi, Darwinia, Day of Defeat, Deux Ex, Invisible War, Dogfighter, Dreamfall, Everyday Shooter, F.E.A.R. 2 and two expansion for 1, Flora's Fruit Farm, Flotilla, Frozen Synapse, Ghostbusters, Gish, GTA 4 both expansions, Gratuitous Space Battles, Homm 5 & both expansions, Hitman: Codeman 47, Indigo Prophecy, Infernal, Just Cause 1 & 2, Kane & Lynch, Lead and Gold, The Longest Journey, Lumines: Advanced Pack, Mafia 2, Magicka, MLB 2K9, 2K10, Max Payne 1 & 2, Medal of Honor Single & Multi, Mini Ninjas, MLB Front Office Manager, Mr. Robot, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Osmos, Overlord 1 & 2 & expansion, The Path, Penumbra (all 3), Plain Sight, Project: Snowblind, Psychonauts, Puzzle Agent, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Rogue Trooper, Sanctum, Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and all 6 chapters, Shellshock 2, Star Wars (Dark Forces 1&2, Jedi Outcast), Thieft Deadly Shadows, Tomb Raider: Legend & Underworld Tropico 3 Steam Edition & Absolute POwer, Universe at War, Zeno Clash

Last edited:
i actually don't think I have one.

I usually buy a game when I really want to play it and then complete at least the main story/part of the game.(GTA4 is an example, really wanted it, bought and completed the game then went on to others).

I don't randomly buy games if they are just on sale so that might have to do with it too.

After this latest STEAM sale a good 30 games or so. However looking at some of y'all in this thread, you're nuts! :eek:

I have a pretty horrendous backlog. Over 270 games spanning 10 consoles and PC of course.....And now this damn steam sale.....

Yeah, I just bought the guild wars expansions from the steam deal and I have no inclination at all to play them. Waste of money IMO.

Compared to some people here, I'm in good shape.

My backlog:
Bioshock 2 (Not installed yet)
Darksiders - Played a couple hours of this, kind of stuck.
F.E.A.R. - Installed but played like 15 min of it
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - Not Installed
F.E.A.R. Extraction Point & Perseus Mandate - Installed, haven't played
HL2: EP2 - Played through like 3/4s of it
Just Cause 2 - Beat the first mission
Magicka - Installed, haven't played yet.
KOTOR - Installed it then uninstalled it because the WSG patch sucked and the game was just really buggy.

That's a well done list. You and I seem to have similar addictions with Bethesda games.

The whole lot of you who haven't played KOTOR (1 or 2) should get on the stick, man.

Yeah Bethesda has made the games that I've devoted the most time to for sure.

I thought about playing KOTOR but I'm not really into Starwars so I don't think it looks that interesting.

Yeah Bethesda has made the games that I've devoted the most time to for sure.

I thought about playing KOTOR but I'm not really into Starwars so I don't think it looks that interesting.

Doesn't matter if you like Star Wars or not. If you like or even care about great gameplay, storyline, character develpement or video games in general, play KOTOR.

my backlog is all console exclusive's and since I haven't brought my self to the point of buying either one of them yet, its growing pretty steadily.

Back