How Bad is Your Backlog?

You guys make it sound like a job... but it sounds like paperwork piling up on your desk that you're weeks behind on.

Is that all you're behind at work? I've got one big project that I'm a year overdue on. Some the other "minor stuff" is only ~6 months behind.

Oh, I guess I should stop dawdling on the forum at work. :D

not bad at all, since im very selective at what games i buy
there's a few $5 Steam games I havent really played but the only AAA game I bought and have not played yet is LFD2

Dragon Age
Bioshock 2
Mafia 2
is all backlogged because of Fallout NV -_-

This is the reason I don't buy games until I have time to play them. By the time you get around to playing them, you can buy em off the discount rack rather than pay full price to sit on the shelf for a year.

Seconded. I only buy games under $20 and I still have a ton of stuff I haven't played as much as I want. At least I don't feel bad about a $2.50 game sitting unused in Steam as I do about a $50-60 PS3 game.

a decent number of good console games are limited print and prices go up rather than down :/

I'm hoping to get rid of most of my backlog by middle of next year sometime since I have no plans for anymore purchases until around then. Late next year I know my backlog is going to get up there again, with many great game releases then! I usually play through my PC list first so my console list is where my backlog is at. Ok here is my list... atleast from what I can remember.

PS3
Red Dead Redemption... I'm currently working through this game
Uncharted 2... Looking forward to this one the most for PS3 after RDR
Heavy Rain... The unique experience sold me, but it will be awhile before I get into it
LittleBigPlanet... Slowly playing through this game with my family from time to time
Demon's Souls... I started playing and enjoyed it but then realized how much time I will have to commit to this game to get the most out of it so I put it in the back of my list until I beat a few more games
Killzone 2... Thought I'd give this game a shot, played the single player for about an hour, the story stunk and I just wished I was using a mouse and keyboard the whole time... ugh... not sure if I'll give it a shot again

PC
Dragon Age Ultimate... Just picked this one up, I will play it after Red Dead Redemption or Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 2... Will be picking this one up as soon as the game of the year edition comes out

I also wished I had more time to play the Left 4 Dead series and Starcraft 2 Online. Maybe next year...

Here is the list of games I have beaten so far this year Metal Gear Solid 4, Fallout 3 GOTY, God of War 3, Starcraft 2, inFamous, and Batman AA.... Honestly this is the most games I've probably ever played in a years time, but with my backlog getting so big I've stopped counter-strike for the most part and been focusing on single player games the few hours I get here and there during the week.

Last edited:
My backlog is pretty bad as well despite having a decent amount of time to play games. I think the problem for me is sports games. I love sports games but I end up playing multiple seasons of each which leaves very little time to play anything else to completion.

That and CIV 5 seems to be an all-encompassing mess. Every time I boot that game up I can kiss i day good-bye!

Still with all of the sales and deals these days, a healthy backlog is a good-problem to have!

I actually have a decent amount of time to play games, but I just play counterstrike instead :/

Haha, yeah. I've been playing it for a pretty long time, but I'm not even a good player D:

I am ALWAYS buying new games before i finish what I have! :) Never finished Oblivion, The Witcher, Sons of a Solar Empire, 360, Ps3, Wii, Too many to list. Do I ever learn? Nope. Why just this weekend, I bought the L4d1 and 2 off of Steam, Beyond good and Evil PC, Ruse (Free for buying a i7 CPU), and just this weekend, God of War 3, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Fable 3 (Targets buy 2 get 1 free).

Yes, I have a problem, haha.

I keep losing track thanks to Mein Kraft...

• Gothic 4
  • Civ V
  • F1
  • Star Wars: TFU 2
  • Fallout: NV
  • Metro 2033
  • Stalker: Clear Sky
  • Stalker: Call of Pripyat
  • Sacred 2
  • Gothic 3
  • NBA 2k11
These are the ones that I really want to play. There are a few I am interested in playing, but not as much as these.

Really my backlog is only two games, Dragon Age Origins and Red Dead Redemption. Half Life 2 and Mass Effect 2 don't count due to their bore factor.

Currently working on Fallout New Vegas. I'll probably finish RDR before getting starting a new DAO game. Will also have to split up time with COD:BO. Never ending cycle. What a drag. :p

My backlog is huge because I haven't been in gaming mode much for a long time now but still buy games if I see them on sale for cheap at Steam, GamersGate, etc. Lets's put it this way, I still haven't played Bioshock form more than ten minutes and I bought it a few years ago. I have games installed that I haven't even ran once to check out yet.

Mine is pretty bad, I'm about 6 games behind on 360, 8 or so behind on the Wii, and about 20 behind on PS3. Target clearances and other deals I find on CheapAssGamer tend to keep the games rolling in way faster than I can complete them.

I find that I've been doing better about completing games one or two at a time instead of starting a bunch and eventually losing track of what is happening in them. My goal is to knock out 24 games minimum this year. I'm at a good pace for that so far since I'm about to complete games 3 and 4 for the year.

I think achievements/trophies are kind of a curse and blessing for me this generation. I like it because I can look and see that I've got my money's worth out of a game, but I also find that it makes me spend longer on a game because it's turned me into a completionist.

So, how is your backlog?

Still haven't played Batman AA. I get addicted to one game and just play the crap out of it. That game is League of Legends right now.

Was going to say roughly 10, but looking at steam and my game case pile, I would approximately 20 games. Some of them I have started and others have been sitting there for over 6 months. This is from someone that always tries to finish every game. Christmas sales coming will most likely add a few games. Now if I could only find a deal on more time...

so funny, I was just thinking about this myself as we headed into the seasonal holiday sales....

I promised myself I would finish The Witcher .... but that still hasn't happened.
Then I loaded up GRID and DIRT2 at the same time. Switching back and forth between the two means I won't finish either for a long time.

And, my wife just got me F1 2010 to play around with. I haven't installed it, yet, but I'm itching to give it a try.

Civ V is sitting in the "wish list" but I haven't plunked down the cash yet. I might wait for the holiday sales on that one. It is going to eat a bunch of hours, and I really want to get started, but there is no way I'm giving in to that obsession just yet. Once you start, you can't stop.

Oh, and Plants vs Zombies won't play itself, you know. Gotta keep the zombies at bay.

I've got about 100 games on Steam I keep meaning to get to. :(

I looked at that threatre of war sale on steam today. Great deal, but I'm too the point now that I really have to convince myself that I'll actually play a game before I buy it now.

Took my five years to finally play Serious Sam 2. So, what's the first thing I did after finishing it?

Play it again!

(This is also why I'll never get through my backlog. I had to force myself to not play Mirror's Edge twice, but three months later, it's calling my name again...)

oh yeah, I want to play Mirror's Edge, too. Haven't gotten it, but I really wanted to get in on that.

Just finished a build and am looking forward to actually playing these games full tilt.

Oblivion
Fallout 3 w/DLC
Fallout: New Vegas
Stalker Series
Crysis
BF:Bad Company 2
Civ 5
Gothic 3 & 4

All these cRPGs are going to take forever to get through.

Too many from over the years. I still haven't finished FEAR yet. Also have games like DA:O around but thanks to school I just don't have time for that let alone moving on to the new Fallout. :(

Just finished a build and am looking forward to actually playing these games full tilt.

Crysis

This summer I finally built a system that could play Crysis the way I wanted to play it.

Yes, it was indeed the first thing I played. And more than likely it's the last thing I'll play again.

Crysis and Bioshock are the reasons I'll never get hyped about a game pre-release hopefully ever again.

But it also increases your backlog, as instead of buying a single game @ $50 at release, you're buying 5 or 10 games for $50 months later during a Steam sale.

I have downloaded/installed Dragon Age Origins + Awakening and Fallout 3 + DLC, that I have never played. Id really like to get around to playing them sometime. With CoD, GT5, and WoW expansion coming out, I don't know if I will get the chance though. ><

I'm STILL years behind

I'm going to quit playing WoW though, I find myself less and less interested in it, that can mean only good things for my backlog

and it's not just on PC, i have these great console games i buy but never play.

Uhmm.... Too long to list, but here are the ones I've recently played:

Splinter Cell: Conviction
Braid
Alan Wake
Medal of Honor
Enslaved
StarCraft (ya, I still haven't finished the original campaign, shame on me)
Left 4 Dead 2
Torchlight
Secret of Monkey Island SE

Also have a bunch of unopened games.

Yep, Steam sales don't help me at all. They just add to my backlog. Another thing that added to it was getting a 1080p lcd, which made most of my PS2 backlog (FFXII, Xenosaga 1-3) look like crap.

And the weird thing about quitting WoW, I'm seem to have less time to play games. Go figure.

I quit WoW and I find myself now going towards finishing the campaign of Starcraft 2, then I'm probably gonna play console games for a while. Been getting through Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I'm feeling like if I lay off the PC games, I can get my console backlog sorted out. The only game I'm finding it hard to get interested in is FF 13.

I was actually up-to-date until I got hooked into WoW and it just went to shit after that! I quit WoW a little while ago and I have actually made a small scratch in my backlog! But these sales don't help at all!

Right now I am playing the following:
M E 2
FNV
Borderlands
Lego Harry Potter

I also have a few console games that I still have to play. I have a little itch to go back to WoW now that Cata is out but I know that it won't give me time to play any other games, so I am staying away!! lol

I consider myself lucky now; I only have a couple games waiting to be played :D. I think the oldest one is Dragon Age Awakening, which I was never able to finish. Then there is Oblivion; I'm waiting for Unnecessary Violence II to come out and Deadly Reflex 6 to finish beta testing before I resume the game. Finally, I got Metro 2033 which I only played 10 minutes of. Being in college sucks sometimes :).

My backlog of games is considerably huge. Life keeps happening and i find less and less time to myself.

Funny seeing this thread. I'm finally trying to go back and play a lot of games I bought and haven't even touched! It's just out of hand now :D

I have 10 days off later this month...maybe I'll finally get around to playing some of my games. I'll probably end up playing cs the whole time though lol

It's insaine! I won't even put up the list, but it really is depressing... Guess I need to stop having a life lol.

Back