How awesome is this? (Bluetooth cam earpiece)

Roman79

[H]ard|Gawd
Today I was wondering if anyone made a bluetooth cam earpiece (ala "I Am Legend") so I Googled it, and sure enough:

The Looxcie

Has anyone used one of these with their phones? I'm curious and somewhat intrigued...

Wow this is nice, if everyone was wearing this during 9/11 (RIP) so many more answers!

I tried using this for a pov video I was shooting... the quality is low. I went back to using my handy-cam and a GoPro setup.

I can strap the GoPro to a lot of other places too.

Low quality means there's space for improvement, and this looks really awesome so I'm sure someones working to enhance it!

Ok, I need to clarify that I tried the Looxcie "1" and not the "2." From the specs, it looks to be 320p still. Both GoPro and Contour can go 1080p. The contour has a microphone jack which is great for recording sound, where as the GoPro has better housing accessories and uses SD cards instead of microSD which means cheaper and bigger capacity.

Ok, I need to clarify that I tried the Looxcie "1" and not the "2." From the specs, it looks to be 320p still. Both GoPro and Contour can go 1080p. The contour has a microphone jack which is great for recording sound, where as the GoPro has better housing accessories and uses SD cards instead of microSD which means cheaper and bigger capacity.

Can you link me the Gopro one? how much do they usually go for?

Although it is pretty cool, I think it looks too big and people would know right away it's a bt/camera since it's so big, alone a lens in the front

I got my GoPro Motorsports Hero from Overstock.com for $180. Just check slickdeals.net. There are always deals for it.

Back