How are these temps for a Noctua UH12P-SE1366 and a i7 920?

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
At idle, the cores are anywhere from 30-34 degrees celsius and at load, they instantly jump up to the 50-53 degrees celsius range.

Ambient is around 23-25 degrees. I reseated the HSF this morning using the proper TIM application technique (small pea amount in the middle). After about a minute, they're 53-58 (1 core is at 58 degrees celsius and seems to be the one that is the hottest :\) There is one fan on the Noctua as the my case - the Antec 300 - has a fan right on top of the HSF and one right next to it - both pulling out.

Last edited:
It's on...seems fine huh?

I may add another inward blowing case fan, see how that works...

I just finished building 2 i7 systems, generally identical components except that the first is c0 stepping and the second is d0 stepping... Specs in sig.

the c0 (mine of course) idles at around 40 c depending on the core. Prime 95 gets it up to around 65 or a bit higher depending on the core.

The d0 (that I built second for my brother) idles at around 30 c and Prime 95 barely pushes it up to 50 c.

I am tempted to try to reseat my hsf and see if that lowers the temps on the first one, but that is enough of a project that I just haven't been willing to do it yet.

It's on...seems fine huh?

I may add another inward blowing case fan, see how that works...

Yea, with mine running at 4.0ghz and HT on I see mid 70's under load, with HT off I see mid 60's... so if you wanna lower your temps you can turn that off if you don't use it. (Multi-threaded applications)

Back