how are these bookshelfs?

They don't look like bookshelves to me, they look like speakers.

On a serious note, I'd say get the floorstanders if you plan on watching movies alot, and get the bookshelves if you listen to music alot. I've heard that energy has some pretty nice speakers if you're on a budget. So go ahead, why not.
 
For one thing, those second ones are towers, as in they stand a few feet tall. For another, the price is for a single tower, so the price is more like quadruple
 
that's true! they are quadruple the price, but are they worth the price premium or should I stick with the smaller speakers?

how do they compare to say

http://www.thespeakercompany.com/P6-PR-65-2-way-Bookshelf-Speaker-Pair-P37C6.aspx


the is where I am now

I want to upgrade my front speakers(front left and center) I'm still using my old klipsch 5.1 center speaker and some old panasonic book shelf speakers(6.5 woofer + tweeter), I'm either going to go with Energy, or some lower end Klipsch speakers(not the computer speakers), or TSC looks pretty enticing,

I have room for floor standing speakers, but they're not a must.

Those energy speakers look decent so far =), and Klipsch has some comparable speakers
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10105957&catid=
 
I got those this holiday for myself! the tSc (along with the center). They are very small speakers, but the build quality is good (espically compared to sony/yamaha/klh/technics/pioneer bookshelf speakers) If you are pairing them with a sub they should be enough. I'm currently using them as my rear surrounds and they do a fine job. I'd say go for them, if you don't like them or if they don't meet your standards, you get free return shipping. I haven't heavily tested them as mains however.

The price difference between the klipsch and the other speakers is up there.....you might want to look at the tSc towers if you are looking at $200 price range. I have also heard good things about fluance (if you are on a budget).
 
Back
Top