how are the swiftech watercooling ktis?

the swifttech kits are just a bunch of swifttech parts in a box, while there is nothing wrong with that I would opt to pick out the parts separately so I could pick a better water block and the type of fans I would need for the application. ( Higher CFM or Lower noise. )

Last edited:
zalman z9 is the case i have.. i know i probably would need a new case but anyways
i wanted to get the kit because its seemed easier to get it like that because i dont know what i need to buy
and i could just replace certain parts as needed with better parts over time

the swifttech kits are just a bunch of swifttech parts in a box, there is while there is nothing wrong with that I would opt to pick out the parts separately so I could pick a better water block and the type of fans I would need for the application. ( Higher CFM or Lower noise. )

The only thing that really kinda sucks that comes in the box is the fans. They do the job but are loud unless throttled and then they tend to click.

I'm using one of their 220 kits in my loop. Their kits are perfect for computer cases where you either don't want to make room or don't have room for a dedicated bay res/pump or separate res and pump. For a CPU-only loop they are also stupid easy to bleed. Rasa kits are cheaper, but come with a far cheaper less versatile pump. The 35X is great because it can be throttled via PWM based on load, and can handle almost anything you throw at it in the future in expanding your loop. Kits are definitely a good path to go, as after you buy fittings/pump/res/blocks/tubing you will spend more money. Also for a CPU only loop even the old Apogee block was pretty darn good, and for a cpu only loop you wouldn't see that much of a difference with a different block.

1024.jpg

I'm currently in the same boat as you and been doing a ton of research on these kits and individual parts, as most have already said, kits tend to come with cheaper parts. It's best to just get quality individual pieces.

I'm currently in the same boat as you and been doing a ton of research on these kits and individual parts, as most have already said, kits tend to come with cheaper parts. It's best to just get quality individual pieces.

Not really.
-The only thing "cheap" in quality in the Rasa kit is the pump/res, the block is one of the best around as are the radiators. Everything else is top shelf in performance/quality. Even then, the pump is more than enough for a CPU-only loop, and for a price not that much more than a Corsair H100.
-In the Swiftech kits, the only real shortcoming is the fans. Block is pretty darn good, the rads are very well respected and the pump is arguably the best around. You pay more than you would for the Rasa.
-Been a while since I looked at the EK kits. But I suspect the trend is similar.

It should also be noted that for a CPU-only loop, the difference between "pretty darn good" and "best" is only at most a few centigrade.

That's kind of what I mean Skripka, each kit has a weak link.
I can't speak for the OP but imo, going from a closed loop kit to CPU-only loop is hardly worth it.
I assume he'll probably want more than a pump that's 'good enough' for just the CPU, I personally intend on watercooling the video cards too.

I have done a few watercooling projects with swiftech stuff, they make good quality stuff. Im a big fan of swiftech.

I would highly consider getting your own parts, and going with a 360 radiator and a case that supports it.

That said, the Apogee HD included in that kit is one of the two current blocks that are competing for top performance. The other block is the XSPC Raystorm.

The MCP655 pump in the kit is among the most reliable in the watercooling business, you will find many people recommend them. I myself have been running a 655 that's over 7 years old now.

The radiators I've heard mixed things about. On one hand, they are very good budget radiators. On the other hand, they don't quite have the same quality as say Black Ice or XSPC radiators.

The Radbox included in that kit is useful for mounting radiators externally off of the rear 120mm fan vent. It will easily support a 360 radiator.

The fans are probably your generic fans. If you want better fans, look at the Gentle Typhoons.

Tubing is also probably your generic plastic clear tubing. I would get some different tubing, probably UV reactive tubing if you like that. I use Primochill LRT tubing.

Agree with Tsumi. If you're ready to pay $200+, there's no reason looking for kit any more.

I would highly consider getting your own parts, and going with a 360 radiator and a case that supports it.

That said, the Apogee HD included in that kit is one of the two current blocks that are competing for top performance. The other block is the XSPC Raystorm.

The MCP655 pump in the kit is among the most reliable in the watercooling business, you will find many people recommend them. I myself have been running a 655 that's over 7 years old now.

The radiators I've heard mixed things about. On one hand, they are very good budget radiators. On the other hand, they don't quite have the same quality as say Black Ice or XSPC radiators.

The Radbox included in that kit is useful for mounting radiators externally off of the rear 120mm fan vent. It will easily support a 360 radiator.

The fans are probably your generic fans. If you want better fans, look at the Gentle Typhoons.

Tubing is also probably your generic plastic clear tubing. I would get some different tubing, probably UV reactive tubing if you like that. I use Primochill LRT tubing.

I would note that the Amazon listing in the OP is completely flawed. The JPEG image says "Apogee HD included" and the listing is for the H20 Ultima XT...which Swiftech has never sold the Apogee HD with anything than the new EDGE line of watercooling kits. They also stopped shipping with the 655 in favor of the integrated rad/res/35x setup:

http://www.swiftech.com/LC_kits.aspx

Back