How are the Logitech X-540's ?

mnmgri4

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 20, 2008
Messages
114
I am looking for a smaller 5.1 set for a room with limited space. The X-540's seem to fit the bill. How well do they perform ? I will be gaming occasionally and my daughter will be listening to music. Any one have any they want to get rid of ?
 
I just picked up a set a couple days ago. I love them, they are very clear, and have some good bass. And BB has them for about $110 or so.
 
$110? They go for like $50 on sale. They're worth that, maybe, but they're not fantastic speakers. Probably a good option for someone with only $50 to spend. At $110, you're talking about saving some pennies for Z-5500's.
 
I don't have a large room so I do not need anything as large as the z-5500's. Besides by the time I get to game on the computer the kids are already sleeping so extremely loud gunfire and explosions is out of the question. I am just looking for something decent and smaller in size (subwoofer) and think these might serve my purpose.
 
u can usually hear pc speakers from a fair distance due to the distortion they put out (particularly the bass). With better speakers u get greater intelligibility at low volumes and lower distortion at higher volumes, which means u can turn it up louder without bothering the kids.
 
Back
Top