• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

How are the E5200's overclocking?

SonicTron

Snopes is My Fact Checker
Joined
Mar 9, 2000
Messages
5,894
I'm going to get an E5200 most likely in the near future. I think they have been starting to come in over the last week, just wondering what kind of numbers people are seeing. I recall the engineering samples were pretty much all hitting 4GHz without much trouble.
 
if the ES can hit 4ghz, the retail versions should be able to hit similar numbers, since the ES are generally older revisions than the retail version.

just remeber every chip OC's differently so dont buy one expecting 4ghz. Chances are likely it will do 4ghz, but dont count 100% on it.
 
I installed an e5200 from Newegg over the weekend. It's running comfortably at 3.66Ghz (in the primary system listed in my sig). According to RealTemp, it idles around 31c and goes up to 54c under load.

I'm happy for the $90 spent. I replaced an e2200 with this CPU (that overclocked to 3.3Ghz) and am putting the old CPU in a budget build for my son.
 
This is odd, I just got an E5200 and it won't OC past 310 FSB. On any multiplier. :( using PC6400 and a P43 motherboard.
 
I tried to run a 12X multiplier with a variety of 300+ FSB settings ... with little success. My stable OC is 11x333 at 1.33V in the BIOS (1.312V according to CPU-Z).
 
Back
Top