How are my speeds?

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
I just ran the Time Warner Cable NYC Bandwidth test..

http://speedtest.nyc.rr.com

and these were my results..
Download 17336 kbps
Upload 967 kbps

I actually dont know what to compare these too, what do they mean to you guys? ...good, bad ?

Assuming you have the Turbo package (15down/1up), they are looking pretty good. Sometimes you'll see a little bit above that (I've had tests go as high as 22Mb) due to Road Runner's SpeedBooster technology. I've also gotten speeds as low as 11Mb, so you look like you're in good shape.

wish I could get those speeds here in Oklahoma..But we do get a few tornados each year:)

Well just ran this test again ..and by the way i have their "extreme" package and the results are
24489kpbs down and 966kpbs up. Is it worth switching to Fios when it becomes available in our building?

Come on guys..would you switch to Fios if these were your speeds?...I am trying to make a choice here since they are coming to my building.
thanks

guess it depends on how much more/less the FIOS service and what speeds your getting for the speed.

Honestly unless youre doing a lot of downloading/torrenting 15/1 is probably fine. In your situation id go with what is more cost effective.

Back