How Apple Is Preparing For The End Of The iPhone Affair

Bullshit. iOS 9 has been showing in many tests to run better than iOS 8.x on the same hardware. I've talked to a lot of people who have been beta testing iOS 9 and all of them agree that it runs smoother with less lag than iOS 8.x.

Buy a house from a builder. the AC broke and you blame on the AC manufacturer and try to find support from them, rather than from the builder?

A smartphone OS is not comparable to an AC unit.

And yes, if an AC unit breaks down, I go to the people who know the AC unit. Not the people who dropped it in. The builder sub-contracted that in anyhow...

that is a big difference between Apple and Google. Apple owns and is responsible for all aspects of their product, from hardware to software to services. Google's responsibility stops at Android OS. if you have issue with your android phone, it it not Google's fault, it is Samsung.

Or your carrier's.

I have Google Nexus player. When Netflix had deactivation issue for months, who do I call? Goole or Asus or Netflix?

If you have a similar issue with an iPad, who do you go to? Apple or Netflix?
Adding a third party doesn't make it any better or worse.

Apple won't allow any service provider to install any bloat wares on their iphone. apple won't let consumers surfer from their service provider dragging their feet to bring an update.

No wonder Apple has higher customer satisfaction than competing products.

That's fine. If you like having daddy over your shoulder telling you whether you're allowed to do something with your own machine.

Beats having a device with a two year old version of Android because your stupid carrier doesn't want to update your device.

You want to know the stupidest thing I saw one day? Well... I was in Walmart one day and I was browsing the "electronics department" looking for USB Flash Drives. Hey, I needed one right then and there. And in the department they were selling NEW Android tablets that were running Android 4.1. I'm not kidding! I was I was but I'm not.

How the fuck do these Android OEMs get away with selling NEW DEVICES with older than shit versions of Android?

Google made a fatal error in making Android available to their partners; they gave the OEMs way too much control leaving Google with almost no say-so in the devices that run their OS. Google basically gave Android away telling anyone that wanted it that they could have their way with it. And have their way they did.

So now you have Android OEMs that don't care one damn bit about whether or not the devices they sell are going to be updated.

And here's Google being left with no control over their creation. They have essentially setup an ecosystem in which the Android OEMs can basically tell Google to take whatever new version of Android and shove it up their ass.

That's right. Google forfeited all control over Android's destiny when they licensed it out to their OEM partners. It's just now that Google has learned that their OEM partners couldn't give a rat's ass about the future of the platform and that now they are trying to wrestle away some of the control over Android away from the OEMs while trying to make sure that they don't piss them off too much to make them go to something like Tizen.

If you knew how to read you'd notice the price tag is $50 vs $500 so 10x difference.. And, iOS is still copying features from that old 4.1 version. Soon you'll get that Android 4.1 keyboard that shows proper upper and lower case keys. It's called choices and different price points for different people.

Just because a person bought a cheap Android tablet doesn't mean that they should be stuck with an older version of Android and not only that but one that can be exploited to hell and back three times over. That is plain wrong and you know it!

Are dumbsumers really serious about the profit argument?

Do you say the same thing when you go buy a car? OMG, I just made the car lot so profitable from overpaying for a junker.

As far as Apple updates, they're just placebos since you won't get new features like iOS 9 split view that Android has had for years on current Apple devices except for iPad Air 2 but what you're guaranteed is early obsolescence from the update intentionally lagging your device to force you to buy a new one.

So it's not OK to mention profits, but it's OK to use stock prices as an indicator. LOL.

A smartphone OS is not comparable to an AC unit.

And yes, if an AC unit breaks down, I go to the people who know the AC unit. Not the people who dropped it in. The builder sub-contracted that in anyhow...

I am talking about a brand-new built house with one year of warranty from the builder. yeah, you can go to whoever you want to fix it but cost is yours if you don't get the fix from the builder.

That's fine. If you like having daddy over your shoulder telling you whether you're allowed to do something with your own machine.
[/quote]
yeah, like samsung give you better choice with their bloat wares or Tizen skin. if you want choices, you have to root with all the hassles that comes with it. tell a doctor, lawer, or a teacher to root their phone. they have better things to do in their live than rooting a damn phone just to have "choices".

Correct. iPhone 6 is comparable to low end Android deices with 750p resolution and only 1GB DRAM. Even a $25 2013 Moto G is better and Chrome displays sites correctly that Safari can't.

Maybe "on paper". And yet my iPhone 5S still hums along, perfectly smooth as when I first got it...

Do you even know how much apple make on their iphone? or even
ipod? more than any companies that you even know or love. enough said.

Of course I know Apple has a high profit margin, that's one of the reasons I don't own any Apple products.
I don't buy overpriced, trendy, bling. I prefer reasonably priced, functional, open devices.

Problem is, they're losing serious ground. I think the latest reports put Android at 81.5% [ http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS25450615 ].

That's an astronomical rise over what used to be almost even.

Android has dominance in numbers, Apple has dominance in revenue and customer satisfaction. I couldn't care how many Android phones were sold I would never touch one. Way too insecure and clumsy to use.

Android may have the market share but Google has no control over Android. Like I stated in a prior post any of the Android OEMs can basically tell Google to take whatever version of Android that they release and shove it up their asses.

There's nothing in the licensing of Android to the OEMs that state that they must keep their devices that they sell up to date. So now you have even new devices being sold with old as shit versions of Android that can be hacked in a hot split second. How the hell is that fair to someone who bought one of these devices? It's not and you know it! There is no reason why a device sold in 2015 should be running Android 4.1 which is more than 3 years old.

SOFTWARE UPDATES ARE IMPORTANT! THEY KEEP YOUR DEVICE AND YOUR DATA SAFE! Anyone who believes otherwise is stupid and is asking for their device to be hacked by God knows what malware app that slips through the Google Play Store on a daily basis.

Android should've never been released or licensed as it was. The OEMs couldn't give a rat's ass once they sold the device to you. Google basically handed Android over to be fucked by the OEMs and there's not a damn thing Google can do about it. They have no control, no say-so

Samsung changes Android so damn much with their God awful TouchWiz that you might as well not even call it Android anymore. There's not a thing that Samsung hasn't touched in their "Android" releases with their dirty hands. Even the damn system menu and drop-down shade have been ruined by Samsung. Yes, it can run Android apps and whatnot but the core of it has been hacked, screwed with, and shit on so badly by Samsung that you might as well just call it what it is... Samsung TouchWiz.

HTC does the same thing with HTC Sense.

I can hear it now, people will tell me to buy a Nexus. Sorry, the hardware is garbage. The screen on the last Nexus was a cheap Samsung AMOLED panel in which color saturations were off and it experienced burn-in when higher quality Samsung AMOLED screens experienced none or not nearly as badly as the Nexus screen. The camera was poor and the camera app was bad too.

Android can sell however many copies they want, but iPhones capture 93% of all smartphone profits.

Yeah, they're clinging to that "lifeboat"; more like the USS Ford.

The iPhone is the core of Apple’s business, but nothing is forever. Some suggest that the company’s continued success will hinge on entertainment services.

Apple knows it can’t rely on the annual iPhone hype-release cycle forever. The next wave of growth is likely to come from calculated investment in content and services, reaching beyond the rush of unboxing the latest iProduct and quietly wrestling power away from the digital companies we’re increasingly reliant on for entertainment - namely Spotify and Netflix.

Not sure I agree on iPhones dying out. I see laptops being eventually replaced by smartphones for clerical type work, where your smartphone doubles as your computer, with a dock hooked up to a mouse / keyboard / display.

I can see that actually happening with some of the newer Windows Phones that come with Windows 10. Plug a keyboard, mouse, and monitor into a Windows 10 Mobile and you have a PC.

Not hard to see, but incredibly hard to replicate. Unless you think Samsung sells phones with razor thin margins just for fun?

Forget being a tech company, Apple is a supremely well run manufacturing company.

i have the solution for apple.

me and a buddy came up with it years ago.

an apple car stereo.

would be an amazing piece of tech.

they'd take over the stereo market.

Not hard to see, but incredibly hard to replicate. Unless you think Samsung sells phones with razor thin margins just for fun?

Forget being a tech company, Apple is a supremely well run manufacturing company.

Oh, it's nearly impossible to replicate. Their success is rooted in a distortion of reality and a cult of personality, along with a few other things. It's basically a one-in-a-million occurrence.

They're not a manufacturing company though.

Right, we all get the reality distortion field. But even with the RDF, if every phone they sold only had a slim margin, they wouldn't be sitting on the mountain of cash, revenue and profits right now. And they get those crazy margins via amazing supply chain management throughout their manufacturing process. Admitting any less is simply just hating them for who they are.

http://www.tradegecko.com/blog/appl...four-years-here-is-what-you-can-learn-from-it

Back