How accurate is GPUz?

Comte

Gawd
How accurate is GPUz? Is it reading what the card actually has, or is it finding out the kind of card and pulling the info from a database that comes with the program?

The reason I am asking....I just updated to PCI-e, and bought a 2900GT because I needed a PCI-e video card and it was cheap ($129.00 at newegg with code. Its in the HOTDEALS section here). Anyway, I went from a X1950Pro to a 2900 GT. I went from 15,000 on 3dMark03 to 24000 and 3dMark05 7500 to 15000 scores, will be working on putting my games back on later will test them then. Oh, yeah, 7.11 cats dont recognize my GT as a ATI product, but the drivers on the disk worked great. I hope 7.12 recognize it...

Now, to the question.....I run GPUz and it say I have a 2900GT but it says I have 320 stream processors, when the GT is only supposed to have 240. I am not arguing, and if its true, great, but I am wondering if GPUz hasnt been updated yet to include the 2900GT. I got the newest one I could find.

So, does anyone know the answer? Thanks,

probably hasnt been updated no big deal will probably be fixed in next version.

i know with my 8800 if i oc it thing change in there (mem bandwidth). so i think it reads the info from the card.

i know with my 8800 if i oc it thing change in there (mem bandwidth). so i think it reads the info from the card.

If so, then that could mean my GT is for some reason using all 320 stream processors when its not supposed to....Very interesting possiblity there...

GPUz found a new update last night, and I installed it, and it is still reporting 320 stream processors.....Very strange, maybe I will send them an email....

Back