how about this 750W supply ?

tomana

<----- Likes the Cock
Joined
Jun 18, 2008
Messages
413
I'm still shopping, came across this red PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad 750W Computer Power Supply S75CF-B receetified for $60 shipped. Fourty $ less than Corsair TX750 V2 but only one year warranty. This supply has excellent reviews and according to those reviews, it runs very quiet but I wonder about buying a recert PS. I mean, aren't recerts items that were RMAed and therefore, likey to have failed at some point in time?
 
[H]ardOCP gave it a "best we have tested to date" review but that was in 2007. Think I'll pass on this one unless someone gives reason not too
 
This was an excellent Seasonic SS-xxxJS unit back then, performance wise is perfectly comparable with the current big names(except for efficiency ofc), but buying a 4/5 year old recertified unit isn't something I'd recommend.
You were already given better suggestions than the TXv2 in your original thread, including the Silencer 760 which beside being better is also a helluva deal @ 80$ at microcenter.
 
Back
Top