How A Threat To Drop AMC Could Kill The Cable Bundle

People still pay for cable TV? LOLOLOL
Amazon Prime + Hulu Plus (ad free option!) + Netflix
Done and done. Everything will show up on one of those eventually.

in a lot of places you have no choice because internet service sucks too bad to use anything but a provider.

A 25 / 50 / 100 tier system is nearly as bad as what they currently have. I want to be able to buy one damn channel at a time.

Although, in reality, I want to buy shows, not channels.

That's where I am at myself. There are maybe 3 or 4 shows I want to watch in a season.

If my cable was not essentially free, I would not have it.

How do you get the free cable?

I do pay for cable internet, but just cable internet. The basic 80 or 90 channels that do not require a cable box are still piped in. So free. Not that I really watch it that much. If they turned it off I would not really miss it.

If watching some sort of cable show once or twice a month replaces dining out, a movie or an evening in the city, it's pretty much paid for itself. I was going to drop cable until I stopped working full time, then I realized that it's actually saving me money because I go out less. I was spending ridiculous money going to Manhattan at night for entertainment.

If watching some sort of cable show once or twice a month replaces dining out, a movie or an evening in the city, it's pretty much paid for itself. I was going to drop cable until I stopped working full time, then I realized that it's actually saving me money because I go out less. I was spending ridiculous money going to Manhattan at night for entertainment.

Leaving NYC saves tons of money on its own!

Are they analog or digital unencrypted channels?

I know both stations that carry the local news are unencrypted and digital. At least the news is digital. I never really checked any of the others. I think I recall that the summary of the initial setup channel scan, said that 8 or 9 were digital, and 70-80 or so were analog.

Back