• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Hover Hound for Chrome is Officially Released!!!

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
2FA
Joined
May 18, 1997
Messages
58,500
Some [H] guys and myself got together and built a browser extension tool that will let you easily find products and compare prices in real time at Amazon while shopping on Newegg. Please give our new Chrome Extension, "NewZon" a try.

This extension was built by BDI LLC, a sister company to HardOCP so we know it is legit. It does not run in the background and snoop all your browsing information, it does not drop big tool bars down into your browser, in fact the only time you will even see our extension icon is when you can use it, and it does not do anything until you tell it to do so. We don't like intrusive crap extensions on our browsers, and likely neither do you.

We built the NewZon extension specifically for the computer hardware enthusiast buying PC parts. It is tailored exactly for our readers.

It makes shopping at Newegg and finding and comparing prices at Amazon as easy as clicking a button or simply hovering over the NewZon button to LIVE CHECK prices in a couple of seconds.

Check out the slides on the NewZon extension page for a quick rundown of what it can do for you. It is simple yet very effective.

FireFox coming next! And please do not hesitate to give us feedback or share ideas about features you would like to see added.



Find and compare prices for Amazon technology products easily while shopping at Newegg.
Shopping at Newegg has been a staple for the computer enthusiast for years, and comparison shopping those same exact products at Amazon can sometimes be difficult. Built with the computer hardware enthusiast in mind, our NewZon™ extension for Chrome makes comparison shopping products at Amazon while at Newegg.com very simple. NewZon can accomplish this in several ways, while keeping your privacy and browsing experience at the forefront.

1. The NewZon extension will place an “[N]” icon in your URL bar. This icon will stay here while you are browsing Newegg pages and will allow easy access to NewZon options with a right click. Left clicking the [N]™ icon while on Newegg product pages will search for that item at Amazon and open a new browser tab with the product that NewZon finds.

2. NewZon can also add a more accessible NewZon button to your browser that will allow you to search for the product at Amazon as well. This can easily be turned off by the user at any time in the NewZon extension options found by right clicking the [N]™ icon.

3. NewZon Hover for Price™! When you have the NewZon browser button enabled, you can also hover over the button and NewZon will provide a real time price and shipping cost for the item at Amazon. NewZon Hover for Price will also let you know if the real time pricing includes a rebate, be it instant or mail in.

4. For our Amazon Prime members, we allow you to filter NewZon search results to return only those items at Amazon that include Prime Shipping. This will also apply to the NewZon Hover for Price as well.

5. NewZon Cart™! NewZon will also take your entire shopping cart and search for matches and return you to a NewZon Cart Conversion page. From here you can add all matched items in your NewZon cart to your Amazon shopping cart with one click if you wish. Additionally, your NewZon cart link will stay live for 3 months, so you can bookmark this URL and easily refer back to this at any time or share your NewZon Cart with friends.

We also very much value user feedback! While we do our best to not ever mismatch you with a product you are not looking for, we do get one wrong every once in a while. If we do, please simply right click on the NewZon button on the original product page and you can tell us what we have gotten wrong. Once we know that, we can fix the mismatch or any other issue you might be seeing. Thanks for any help, feedback, or ideas for new features you would like to share. The enthusiast computer hardware community has helped shape NewZon tremendously and we are very thankful for this.

NewZon and BD Industries LLC. respect your privacy and have NO access to any of your tab information, browsing information, or any website data besides unencrypted data on newegg.com pages open in your personal browsing window.

Changelog: http://extension.newzon.net/changelog.txt

TRADEMARKS - The company, product, and service names used in NewZon are for identification purposes only. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Newegg® is a registered trademark of the Newegg Inc. in the United States and in other countries. Amazon®, Amazon Prime®, and its affiliated Prime logo are registered trademarks of the Amazon.com in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
 
Last edited:
sweet! thanks, sounds very nice and I imagine this will be a huge hit now and indespensible come Haswell/next gen gpu time
 
This is great, because browsing for hardware on Amazon directly is...imprecise at best, and simply baffling at worst.
 
I could see that being helpful. It is hard to find computer items quickly on Amazon. Amazon has a WAY better return policy too.
 
LMAO!! So I installed it and have been browsing the deals for awhile. There we a few that were still cheaper at Newegg, but for the most part they were matched or beat by Amazon pricing. And of course with my Amazon Prime account I get super fast shipping + Amazon customer service. I just visualize a certain Newegg vice president beating his fists against his desk in rage. This is the best Chrome add-on I have ever installed. Kudos to everyone involved!
 
Does this extension automatically insert the [H] commissioned buying link? For me, it would be nice if it would, because I always seem to forget that part when I browse/buy from Amazon.
 
Does this extension automatically insert the [H] commissioned buying link? For me, it would be nice if it would, because I always seem to forget that part when I browse/buy from Amazon.

Yes, it does.
 
Ugly red headed step child IE get some lovin too?

That is not real clear to us right now. FireFox will be fairly easy, but IE is not looking that way. IE9 does not support some of the JS techniques we are using, but IE10 does and we would probably focus there.

I could see that being helpful. It is hard to find computer items quickly on Amazon. Amazon has a WAY better return policy too.

BINGO!

LMAO!! So I installed it and have been browsing the deals for awhile. There we a few that were still cheaper at Newegg, but for the most part they were matched or beat by Amazon pricing. And of course with my Amazon Prime account I get super fast shipping + Amazon customer service. I just visualize a certain Newegg vice president beating his fists against his desk in rage. This is the best Chrome add-on I have ever installed. Kudos to everyone involved!

Please take the time to leave a review and a rating on the extension if you have time please!

Does this extension automatically insert the [H] commissioned buying link? For me, it would be nice if it would, because I always seem to forget that part when I browse/buy from Amazon.

Yes and No. This extension is for BD Industries LLC. It is a new company we set up to hopefully move forward developing tools for tech users. The commission structure is a bit different and [H] gets about half the commission. But by all means, if it works for you, go for it! :) Once you use that green NewZon button it is fairly addictive.
 
this is awesome. someone at should show some people at newegg this. make them see the error of their ways!

+1 for FF
 
Anyone else running into problems with this where it doesn't point to the exact same product on Amazon?

I noticed this when looking at the Creative Titanium HD
 
Anyone else running into problems with this where it doesn't point to the exact same product on Amazon?

I noticed this when looking at the Creative Titanium HD

It'll happen. The algorithm is still be working on, I think. Just be sure to report your errors so they get fixed. It shouldn't happen a lot, the beta test got a lot of it fixed.
 
Anyone else running into problems with this where it doesn't point to the exact same product on Amazon?

I noticed this when looking at the Creative Titanium HD


Could you please give me the exact product link you are looking at? I would be of great help.
 
Been using this for a while now, love it. Makes my prime membership so much better.
 
I absolutely love when stupid people try to screw over nice, smart people and it backfires. Cheers!

Newegg, I know you're reading this, so get your collective head out of your butt and fix this. I'm one of the many people who had been recommending your site to others for years, and no longer will. Sure, you'll save a few pennies. But long term, it was a seriously stupid move. After all, if you don't help support the 'nerd community', we won't support you either.
 
Is there a way to make another add-on or add a feature to [N]ewzon that automatically makes a little pop-up (with the amazon price) for every newegg link on [h]?
 
Super useful. Now we just need it working both ways since I always go to Amazon by default these days.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is there a way to make another add-on or add a feature to [N]ewzon that automatically makes a little pop-up (with the amazon price) for every newegg link on [h]?

This is actually already on our To Do list. We are not sure how to format exactly though but it is being discussed.
 
Not a Chrome user, but looking forward to the FF release!

Is sales tax calculation a part of [N] or is it planned? I pay tax on Amazon but not NE purchases and that overall price (I do like how shipping calculations are included) is a factor in my decision who to buy from.
 
Love this idea, is there a way to change it to newegg.ca and amazon.ca for us Canadians?
 
Wow .. thank you Kyle. What an awesome feature.

Now I can shop Newegg but really be shopping for Amazon. Perfect.
 
Not a Chrome user, but looking forward to the FF release!

Is sales tax calculation a part of [N] or is it planned? I pay tax on Amazon but not NE purchases and that overall price (I do like how shipping calculations are included) is a factor in my decision who to buy from.

Hopefully today and very soon for beta. Actually using it right now. Just a couple of more tweaks.

Love this idea, is there a way to change it to newegg.ca and amazon.ca for us Canadians?

Currently, no. But moving outside of USA will be on the list of things to do.
 
Back
Top