HOT: XI FI Extreme Gamer Sound Card - 4 day only sale

TeamStrykerCore

[H]ard|Gawd

IMO The Frys.com deal is better no waiting for rebates instant gratification.
$10 more.

Valid when purchased between 3/2 and 3/6

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/5020015

$59

or for me $65.39 shipped

Edit:
Newegg Just dropped their price to $69.99 probably to try and compete with this deal

Same card on newegg - $86.82 for me shipped.

Combine this with paypal promo?

UPDATE BUY.COM DEAL BACK IN STOCK

$84.99 SHIPPED $54.99 w/ MIR

got one of these on buy.com a few months back for $55 shipped.

awsome deal and great card, i upgraded from a audigy 2zs and i noticed the difference in music, movies and especially games right away.

Is creative still having the problems with NForce4 chipsets and the X-Fi cards? Cause this is a great deal that I am very tempted to bite on :D

Is creative still having the problems with NForce4 chipsets and the X-Fi cards? Cause this is a great deal that I am very tempted to bite on :D

No, it's been fixed for well over a year now. Your motherboard just needs to have the BIOS updated. If unavailable, then you need to send your card over to Creative and they'll flash it to the latest firmware (or send you a new one).

I'm going to assume that since this problem was solved in late-2005, the cards being sold now are fine.

Alright. I'm a little behind the times, as you can see. I've got an Audigy Pro gamer in my gaming machine. Maybe I should look into getting this

How is this compared to the xtreme music? The PCB seems half the size of the xtreme music and the rest of the xfi line.

How is this compared to the xtreme music? The PCB seems half the size of the xtreme music and the rest of the xfi line.

xtreme music doesn't do hardware acceleration.

I've got one of these xtreme gamer cards and paid about 90 for it shipped when I got it, so this is a great deal... the Intel-compliant 9-pin front-audio connector was one of my primary reasons for buying it.

xtreme music doesn't do hardware acceleration.

I've got one of these xtreme gamer cards and paid about 90 for it shipped when I got it, so this is a great deal... the Intel-compliant 9-pin front-audio connector was one of my primary reasons for buying it.

Xtreme Music is the lowest X-Fi card that does hardware acceleration.

It's not the size that matters it's how you use it.

Xfi Extremem Music is the lowest end... it's better for music

Extreme Gamer is better for gaming EAX 5 etc etc etc.

I am really happy I bought one at this price.

The xtreme audio is what you are talking about, not the xtreme music. They are two different cards. It looks like the xtreme music has been discontinued. After searching the audio section, the Xtreme Music has the same pcb as the xfi fitality minus the xram and is list above both the xtreme audio and xtreme gamer.

Anyways I bit since the xtreme music is no longer being sold.

Got mine for $55(free shipping) at Buy.com when they had them, works great on my MSI nForce4 Ultra board (see sig). Posted that deal and NewEgg's previous one similar to this a month back, nobody responded, so I figured there was no interest.

Wow the buy.com deal is very nice :) I looked all over for a better deal and couldnt find one.

I'll change the first part of the thread to reflect that. Either way both are great deals and the buy.com is Smokin

The buy.com deal is with $30 MIR

So $84.99, When you get your 30 bucks back, its 54.99

I got the frys deal for 63 shipped no waiting. Just wanted to make
everyone aware that the buy.com deal is with MIR.

The buy.com deal is with $30 MIR

So $84.99, When you get your 30 bucks back, its 54.99

I got the frys deal for 63 shipped no waiting. Just wanted to make
everyone aware that the buy.com deal is with MIR.

Yeah, that's different than the first time.

First time around it was $64.99 with free shipping, I got $10 off via Google Checkout, which made it $54.99, no MIR required.

Great card for the money though, and the only Creative card (other than the shoddy X-Fi XtremeAudio, which isn't a true X-Fi at all) that has the 10-pin AC97 front panel audio connector.

Is this card much better than the onboard sound from a asus p5b+ or a bx2? Two cards that I am thinking about. thanks. rich

It's definately better than onboard.
I'm excited to get this thing. It's the first time I've splurged on sound.

Now all I need is a nice speaker setup.

It's definately better than onboard.
I'm excited to get this thing. It's the first time I've splurged on sound.

Now all I need is a nice speaker setup.

Don't start unless you're ready to get addicted!

Will the mini TOSlink plug into a regular TOSlink input?

And does anyone know if the Antec 900's front inputs support Azalia?

Is this card much better than the onboard sound from a asus p5b+ or a bx2? Two cards that I am thinking about. thanks. rich

Onboard can't compare, be it for games, movies, or your music collection. This is one of the best discrete cards on a budget you can find.

Received the card today, shipping was fast wow. They used DHL. Took 4 days ground. I will install when i get home from work and let you all know how much i like it :)

Back