What's so [H]ot about that?

If it was $9.99 it would a [W]arm deal.

$0.99 and i'd be all over it :p

LordBritish said:
I see a stupid web cam for $99.99.

What's so [H]ot about that?

If it was $9.99 it would a [W]arm deal.

$0.99 and i'd be all over it :p

Cheapest price for that webcam is $130 anywhere else + shipping.

This webcam works without a PC, plug it into your network and it has a webserver built into it to watch over the network, and motion activated alarms etc.

I bit on one of the mpeg-2 encoders. Sure there's no tuner, but there are plenty of other ways to use one of these things.

The MPEG-2 converter was an okay deal, but the last three video cards I've owned have had that capability, and I'm sure any video card I get in the future will, too. If it were under $30 I might have bit on it.

That said, it looks most of them are sold, so a new woot is about to come up! :)

Edit: New woot:
Omnifi DMS1 Home Digital Media Streamer
$59.99 + $5 shipping

Got me a froggie !! I actually need something like this. Our downstairs has a problem with one drain which has already cost me a grand to replace the floor down there once. Hoefully this one has a bunch so I can go get ready for work.

I'm not sure why the WOOT items sell so well... in the past they had some great deals (and at times still do) but most items in the past 6-12 months have not been that great price wise.

the froggie... while cute... is not a good price at all. Go to your local harbor freight (or online) and get it for $8 regular peice or $5 on sale. Does the same thing just not a frog, a small white box with a sensor that can be placed anywhere.

I've seen many other items that are at/near retail on WOOT. Big woop?!

seriously WOOT... i guess you are making $ off people that "think" they are getting a great deal (most of the time).

Give them a break man, they like every other store have to liquidate stock at some point, and that's all that a woot off is.

JVC Compact Mini DV Camcorder
model #GR-D250US
$199.99 + $5 shipping

i dunno yet how [H]ot of a deal this is. gotta look around

I have that camcorder, it's ~$300 new. After I bought it, I checked on a website that reviews camcorders (can't recall the site's name right now), and this is one of the highest-rated miniDV camcorders in the low-cost category. Very compact (it fits easily in the side pocket of my cargo pants), easy to pick up and shoot, decent number of manual controls, very good image quality for the cost.

Downsides? I hate the snapshot button, it's a gimmick in the first place and it's too near the zoom control. Also, there isn't a plug for an external microphone. Fairly minor nits.

$200 isn't a bad deal.

Edit: The site was camcorderinfo.com (link to their review of the GR-D250 - it's #34 overall in their rankings). Also, apparently you can get it for around $260 new.

Stills are not good on camcorders, but the still res on these is not the greatest compared to others (640x480). It does have a hella good optical zoom. I checked it out on camcorderinfo.com Thir lowest price they could find is $235, which doesnt make this look like a good deal.

But dont pay any attention to me, buy em up so we can get to the next.

What's actually awesome about this is that there is some cool, if not [H] type stuff, especially cuz my girlfriend just got her own apartment. Cheap toasters are a good thing. :)

FYI, that current toaster/slicer hybrid is at 97% sold, the next item should be up within the next hour or so.

vbrtrmn said:
FYI, that current toaster/slicer hybrid is at 97% sold, the next item should be up within the next hour or so.
toaster's been sold out but they haven't updated it yet darnit

Edit: Philips DirecTV Receiver with Tivo DVR $79.99

i'll pass

It sold out, get ready for something new, I'll edit it in once I know =)

Mystery Brand 6 Piece 100 watt Speaker Set
$29.99
+ $5 shipping

Most mystery brands have been dells, Dell 5650 maybe?

It's over, no flashing lights, I'm pretty sure they are dell speakers cuz in the description it says "dude, you're getting speakers"...

OH that hurt!! I hadn't looked in hours, and I just checked for the hell of it. The I want One button was up for the speakers, clicked, and it just froze, reloaded, gone.

Now is:
HP PhotoSmart Photo Printer & Premium Photo Paper Bundle
$79.99
+ $5 shipping

I guess they listened to us bitch about the toasters or something:
A Toast To HP
We agonized long and hard over whether to carry this HP PhotoSmart 325 Compact Photo Printer. Sure, it makes clear, sharp photo prints in color so lifelike you’ll swear somebody slipped you some powerful hallucinogens. Its portability is a great feature, no question, especially for digital camera buffs who happen to be on the run from the law. And the built-in card reader and LCD, which combine to make computerless prints? We love them – nay, passionately adore them. So what’s the issue?

Well, see…it doesn’t make toast.

Try as we might, we just cannot get this thing to render unto us a browned, lightly burnt slice of bread. Hell, we can’t even figure out where to put the bread. We did achieve some interesting results by plugging the printer in, putting the bread in a bathtub full of water, and throwing the printer into the water – but that was a lot of hassle, and the “toast” wasn’t anything you’d really want to eat.

The hardline pro-toast faction only relented in their opposition when we proposed bundling the PhotoSmart 325 with a package of 20 sheets of HP Premium glossy photo paper. Photo paper and toast have a lot in common: they’re each rectangular slices of processed plant matter that go into a slot on their respective machines and emerge changed. It’s a natural compromise.

We share your disappointment about the PhotoSmart 325’s total lack of bread-toasting abilities. But we’re sure that once you’ve considered its other toast-related uses – printing lifelike photos of toast, for instance, or using it to produce pro-toast propaganda – you’ll put down that marmalade and rush to buy one.

The wootoff is over. The printer is just a regular woot deal.

Back