HOT? Warm for sure i7 860 for $265.99 +free shipping

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=I7-860BOX

Promo code SPOOKY20

Also, look down the page at the combo deals on Mobo/cpu and the promo code applies to them as well. Nearly $40 less than the Egg. Side note...anyone buy from this site? We all know how Newegg is...but I'm not sure about this one.

Last edited:
A little cheaper at TankGuys.

If you can get Bing Cashback to work on Ewiz, that would be the better deal.
I just checked on SuperBiiz shows up with 5% Bing CB. which should knock off another $13.30 bringing it to $252.70

Have you used TANKGUYS before? Reputable? Good handling times on orders? Customer service after the sale? I'm gonna be ordering an i7 860 tomorrow morning and just deciding where to buy.

Last edited:
I just checked on SuperBiiz shows up with 5% Bing CB. which should knock off another $13.30 bringing it to $252.70

Have you used TANKGUYS before? Reputable? Good handling times on orders? Customer service after the sale? I'm gonna be ordering an i7 860 tomorrow morning and just deciding where to buy.

Well no recent rating but they used to be good.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/TankGuys_Computer_Parts_tankguys_biz

And Ewiz's rating.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/eWiz

Thanks for the links. BTW, Tankguys aren't offering free shipping on the CPU at this time. $15.00 extra...boooo!!!!!

Ordered. Made the decision to get this over the i5 easier.

edit: got my cash back.

Last edited:
I don't think that's thread crapping, what if I was about to buy one from the link you posted, but didn't know the MC down the street has them for less? He's just trying to help.

Because everyone lives near a micro center right? :rolleyes: Stop thread crapping.

It wasn't thread crapping at all.. :rolleyes: but your post is what we call "trolling"

Just because Microcenter isn't next door to you doesn't mean it isn't next to millions of other Americans. If I was about to pull the trigger on this but found out it was at my local MC for cheaper, would I decide to ignore that because of all the poor unfortunate souls that have no MC in their area?

Well then my apologies as it seemed like thread crapping to me. Coming into a thread about an online deal and posting an in-store only deal. My bad.

edit: Didn't even realize depending on your area the eWiz deal after cash back may be $5-10 cheaper than Micro Center after paying tax.

Last edited:
Mine is on the way. $265.99 shipped and got my BCB of $14.30. Only thing I don't like about Super Biiz (ewiz) after you purchase you must manually send the money to them via paypal. The customer service guy told me they are working on integrating automatic paypal payments into their system, so hopefully soon one less step/annoyance will be taken care of. Now if UPS can just get it here before the weekend. LOL.

In other news... Microcenter has the i7 920 for 200 still.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

seriosly LMAO!

I for one do not have a MC around me, but would appreciate knowing there was a better deal if I did.

seriosly LMAO!

I for one do not have a MC around me, but would appreciate knowing there was a better deal if I did.

Hey all, lets keep making comments after I already apologized! :rolleyes: Oh and guess what, it wasn't even a better deal. Reading comprehension ftw!

Still hot? http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=I7-860BOX&c=CJ Well, I'm in the market for another i7 and came back to this thread. The original deal is gone, but seems the price is even lower...and has another $15.00 off...plus 3% BCB ($7.80) for a total of.. $237.19. Now, if I can talk the wife outta some more $$$$. Before the battle starts...I'll just ask, how much is it at MC or Fry's? LOL

Before the battle starts...I'll just ask, how much is it at MC or Fry's? LOL
I haven't seen an 860 deal in months at fry's. The last one was mediocre, something like $260AR for the i7 860 + lame MSI motherboard a couple of months ago. Fry's, I am disappoint. The black friday 2009 860/t5xe deal still stands out for $230AR.

I wish there were a cheaper 1366 processor. I have an extra x58 board and no CPU.

I'm new to the Intel game but what are the advantages of the i7 860 vs i7 875K vs i7 920/930?

Not an expert on anything, but off the top of my head...the "K" versions have unlocked multipliers for more options to overclock. As for the advantages of each cpu...THAT would be totally based on personal needs and what a user is looking for from their system. The stock performance of the cpus are close to each other...at least if one is just going on real world usage. Benchmarks will show performance benefits for each but will all change when you start factoring in the rest of the components and overclocking. The 860/875 are the newer 1156 socket cpus and the 920/930s are the 1366. The 1156 only needs dual channel RAM and the 1366 takes triple channel (2 sticks vs 3 sticks) There are many different cpus that will work with the 1156 socket and from my perspective, the 1366 is more of a higher end enthusiast platform. (Gulftown 6 core) Not as many CPU options but I think there is more room for higher performance gains with it. (that isn't a cue to start the this vs that debate, please) but there also will be more cost involved. Hope that helps a bit. Spend some time reading up and look at some benchmarks. Configure a pc with each and see where the performance falls with the money spent.

holy necropost batman,
anyway how much cheaper do you want an i7 for 930 is 200 or 170 for 920 at mc(i'm guessing you don't live near one though) or 269.99-cashback at tigerdirect, is not that expensive for a high end cpu, if you'll actually have a good use for the second machine.

Xeon E5504. :p
$230 for a 2GHz processor? That's not cheap. 80W or not, that's expensive. I can drive 120 miles round trip to Microcenter and pick up an i7 930 for cheaper than that, including gas. :p

Back