[Hot!] Visual Studio 2005 + SQL Server 2005 (Free)

uzum4ki

Limp Gawd
We're celebrating the launch of Microsoft® Visual Studio 2005® and SQL Server™ 2005 by bringing the best of the show right to you. Join us in the morning for the Best of SQL Server Launch and in the afternoon for the Best of Visual Studio Launch—all free, live, and delivered by your local TechNet and MSDN® Events teams.

So don't worry if you can't attend a major city launch. Attend this special event and you'll get detailed technical information, free software, and the chance to mingle and chat with your peers. Get ready to gain deeper business insight and deliver faster results. Our updated application platforms make it simple to connect, people, processes and information.

Complimentary software when you attend.

Don't just learn about the new software. Walk away with it. Come to the Special Edition Launch 2005 event, and you'll receive a copy of SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 as a token of our appreciation.*

Admission is free.

http://www.microsoft.com/events/2005launchevents/sst.mspx

Have fun ;)

I dunno if they'll do it the same at these events, but I just attended a ASP.NET 2.0 event last week and they gave away a VS 2005 on a Virtual PC DVD. I haven't tried it out yet, but anyway, it's not a real installation of the software, but you can still use it.

Like I said though, I don't know if they'll do it the same way at the above events.

Will be attending the Nov 29 event @ Columbus ... even got my boss to approve it, so I'm getting paid for my hours ... :)

Thanks for posting this, I see they have now added Cincinnati as a launch location. Used to program long ago in vb6, need some new software to replace it.

Thanks for the link!

There's 4 or 5 guys from my IT deparment who also thank you for the out-of-office time. So no cd-rom cupholder problems for the day! :-D

Thanks for the post. I'm trying to get some co-workers in on a field trip to the one in Hazelwood, MO.

Right on, free software and free money for sitting on my ass at a conference, I'm in :)

I've never been to Newark. First time for everything.
I feel myself being pulled to the dark side (veteran Unix guy here).

CEpeep said:
WTF. Why aren't there any in Michigan?

dood, you need to look at the top link on the left.
The real launch tour has a location in detroit michigan (we're the 2nd stop infact, go big 3)

The posted link is to just the smaller satellite ones.

Real launch Tour link

screwmesa said:
Right on, free software and free money for sitting on my ass at a conference, I'm in :)

Free money? Did I miss something? Unless you are thinking what I'm thinking..... get the day off and try to not be charged with a vacation day. It could be beneificial. If people get courses paid for why not this.

texuspete00 said:
Free money? Did I miss something? Unless you are thinking what I'm thinking..... get the day off and try to not be charged with a vacation day. It could be beneificial. If people get courses paid for why not this.

Ebay?

drdamour said:
dood, you need to look at the top link on the left.
The real launch tour has a location in detroit michigan (we're the 2nd stop infact, go big 3)

The posted link is to just the smaller satellite ones.

Real launch Tour link

Awesome, I thought it was a little weird to have one in Providence and Nashua and not in Boston. :cool:

But 12/15? Damnit, that's the day of my thesis presentation. :(

Ok I have gone to many launch events and have only recieved enterprise versions of the office series Software.
So are these the real deal full version or the express cut down versions, trail versions or basic versions. Common since tells me they are either express versions or the trial versions. We're talking thousands of dollars of free software to jsut show up at a free event!
MS can afford it but damn this would be an amazingly scortching deal!

We already have software assurance that will give us free upgrades to our SQL servers.
We will be renewing our MSDN accounts also, anyone know if thye will have sign up or renewal rebates like they usualy do for MSDN ot technet plus accounts at the event?

I'm in the developer track for Nov 8th in Detroit, and getting Paid for it, kick ass.

Thanks Poster!

Anyone can confirm the giveaways?

Don't want to miss a day of work for Trial stuffs.

solotech said:
Common since tells me they are either express versions or the trial versions. We're talking thousands of dollars of free software to jsut show up at a free event!

had to steal that for the sig.

Anyone going to the Pittsburgh, PA one?

I don't know the scheduling (are they all on the same day?) but I'm going to it tomorrow in Syracuse, NY, and I'll post what I get when I get a chance.

The one to local to me is now a day after I start my new job. I'm not taking my second day off or even asking about it. :( My job is even in SQL Server... I have to call this number on here and do some begging. I still want that software, and for good reason. I see Experess Visual Studio is available... that helps a little.

Back