[Hot]! Thermaltake V1 CL-P0401 (Recertified) $14.99 shipped

Hellbent88

Limp Gawd
Thermaltake store has the V1 cooler for 75% off , I picked one up on their last sale they had for $25.00. Cools my sons OC'ed core 2 duo great :) . and it also came with socket 1366 bracket.

Link

Egg has it for $65.00 shipped :eek:

This looks like a good deal.

Thanks, ordered one. Just so those of us in CA know, there is tax for us. :(

Last edited:
I want to order a couple of these for backups. They look pretty decent, though I haven't heard much about this particular cooler.
One thing, the specs don't list that it is compatible with i7's but it includes the bracket? Is this heatsink heavy duty enough to handle an overclocked i7?
Thanks!

I want to order a couple of these for backups. They look pretty decent, though I haven't heard much about this particular cooler.
One thing, the specs don't list that it is compatible with i7's but it includes the bracket? Is this heatsink heavy duty enough to handle an overclocked i7?
Thanks!

check out the newegg reviews that I linked in the thread ... Pros: Keeps my Core i7 extreme 965 between 29-48 Celcius depending on load using Artic Silver.
Cons: It is large, make sure you have space.

Thanks!

This is a slamming deal on a heatsink for processors that put out less heat, but unfortunately it isn't getting good reviews for cooling performance on overclocked i7 processors. See Newegg reviews for some details:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=35-106-102&Pagesize=100&Keywords=i7

Thanks OP, I bit. When I found a review that showed it was signifcantly better than my Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 I figured I would give it a try. How can you go wrong for $15 bucks??? :D

Yep, I bought one whether or not it fits in the case I'd be using it in.. for $15 I can find something to do with it. Thanks OP.

Hmm.
Just decided to purchase and now it says "The V1 CL-P0401 (Recertified Product) is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item."

Should have bit when I had the chance. :-/

damnit i contemplated buying and waited till now and now it's gone :(

Read it, went to buy it, gone. I have bookmarked the site and will be making regular visits.
Thanks

here's the frosty review.

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2292

that thing is crazy looking - like a fish. Frosty concludes this:

"Thermally speaking, the Thermaltake V1 is a good mid-range heatsink for either Intel or AMD processor platforms. The only hindrance is an overly loud noise output... Before you pick up the Thermaltake V1 heatsink, consider that similar thermal performance is available from any number of other heatsinks which offer quieter operational characteristics."

Right now my order is still "pending review" but my credit card was dinged for the 14.99 so I'm hopping this goes through.

Right now my order is still "pending review" but my credit card was dinged for the 14.99 so I'm hopping this goes through.

i was tempted but after looking at a review it is just about as good as a zalman9500. i would recommend anything with HDT (heatpipe direct touch) prob run one with out a fan for better performance than the v1

Seeing as the V1 is 30 and the Typhoon is 20 with shipping, you might as well just get the XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler for $30 shipped (after 10 MIR)

that one is ok. but the sunbeam has 4 heatpipes and more massive fins. only problem is when it hits heatpipes on your motherboard. Just installed one with a bolt through kit and had to hammer down the thermalright kit and cut off old bracket -O

Got my V1 today. Besides a few fingerprints, it looks like new. Also came with 1366 mounting hardware.

Back