Hot Swap Hard drives

XCLR82XTC

Limp Gawd
Im not sure if this is the right forum for this, But im looking for 2 things. One, a recommendation for a mother board, e-atx, that will work best with the 6 core intel extreme, and provide plenty of overclocking options. will be running 2 graphics cards, and 32gb of ram. I really need the option of picking which card i want to use as well (one for gaming, one for work) I read a while back some boards will support this now.

Id also like for it to be capable of supporting hot swappable hard drives.

that leads to the second thing im looking for. My NAS box, uses built in ports to connect the drives. there is no sata cable connection to the drive. (at least not to the physical drive, there might be in the back somewhere) id like to replicate this in my case. so is there a full tower case that has this built in, or can i buy the board and do it myself?

I found some made by icydocks.. i dont like the fact that i have to use 3 of my 5.25 inch bays.

Can anyone point me to an internal version? I have looked and cant find anything!

Im not sure if this is the right forum for this, But im looking for 2 things. One, a recommendation for a mother board, e-atx, that will work best with the 6 core intel extreme, and provide plenty of overclocking options. will be running 2 graphics cards, and 32gb of ram. I really need the option of picking which card i want to use as well (one for gaming, one for work) I read a while back some boards will support this now.

Id also like for it to be capable of supporting hot swappable hard drives.

that leads to the second thing im looking for. My NAS box, uses built in ports to connect the drives. there is no sata cable connection to the drive. (at least not to the physical drive, there might be in the back somewhere) id like to replicate this in my case. so is there a full tower case that has this built in, or can i buy the board and do it myself?

You need a raid controller that supports hot swap and then you just get a case that also supports it.

I already ordered a case and it does not support it. Thats why i need a stand alone dock

Back