HOT? Star Craft 2 WOL and HOTS $9.99 each.

Very good deal, usually blizzard games never sell for much less than MSRP. (SC1 was still $20 and might still be). The campaign is pretty decent, never cared for the actual multiplayer and the custom/arcade game system is pretty shitty compared to SC1.

I'm thinking of picking up WOL, do you recommend HOTS as well? I will be getting it just for the single player for my laptop when I travel.

I would say it's definitely worth $20 for both. Personally I really enjoyed the campaign.

Steam and other online stores have spoiled me.
I see 50% off, and I think "Bah, it's not the respectable 75% or even the tolerable 66% off?"

Good offer, though, like the poster mentioned, for a Blizzard game.

I'll probably pick up HOTS. Eventually I will get around to playing SC2's campaign and HOTS as well.

One day. One day :p

any idea how long this sale is going to last? ive got 6.50 in my blizz account id like to use, and it takes 1-3 days to add more.

and the custom/arcade game system is pretty shitty compared to SC1.

Yeah I really didn't get this. Great in SC1, great in SC:BW, great in WC3, great in WC3:TFT, then suddenly crap in SC1? I was very disappointed. Seems like both the community and Blizzard just didn't care about it in SC2.

But you're right, SC2:WOL was like $30-40 most of the year still. I think with the announcement that Legacy of the Void will be entirely standalone is part of the reason for the price drop finally.

I picked up boxed copies for $9.99 each at Target on Sunday (they also had good sales on WoW battlechest and Diablo as well).

Not sure if they still have that sale going but mighty be worth checking if anyone wants to pay cash or get the box.

Yeah I really didn't get this. Great in SC1, great in SC:BW, great in WC3, great in WC3:TFT, then suddenly crap in SC1? I was very disappointed. Seems like both the community and Blizzard just didn't care about it in SC2.

It's actually due to how the "new" battle.net 2.0 works. It's pretty shitty and doesn't use the traditional battle.net 1.0 way of listing custom games. Considering how DOTA took over Warcraft 3's custom games list though, it may or may not have been intentional.

Ended up buying both. Does anyone know if Legacy of the Void will be an expansion pack or standalone game?

Does anyone know if Legacy of the Void will be an expansion pack or standalone game?

Back