Hot!!! Seagate Perp 320GB - $79.99 shipped

Very nice, $0.25 a gig, cheapest Ive seen yet for a Seagate :)

Thanks!

Beh just looked at the SATA cables and saw the $5 shipping on a $3 cable >D

and unlike the 400 deal floating around, youll be getting 7200.10 for sure

Just picked up a couple - deal only works for one of them though, the rest are still $85 each.

well i was acutally thinking about grabbing the 250 for $75 to save 10 but I guess since theres another new code out, I may grab this instead.

Well I finally bit and decided to buy one also using the code above. It was funny since Newegg had the price already at 79.99 then it jumped back up to 85$ but oh well. It all came out being the same price :)

Yanno, I've been reading reports and hearing a lot of people complaining about failures on Seagates, which is shocking to me personally because in the 32+ years now I've been working with computers, the only brand that has never failed for me is Seagate.

But I know a guy that just got one of those 320GB drives about two weeks ago for a new build and it didn't last a week. Then I had a friend in Cali buy two of them, got drives from a different Newegg distribution center, entirely different batch, but the same Seagate 320GB model - one lasted 9 days, the other lasted 13.

I don't have this experience myself, but I'm wondering what the trend is right now and what the common thread between them is. The one thing all three failed drives shared was they were manufactured in Taiwan, from the reports I got.

I wonder... I wonder...

Seagate has had a mad run lately when it comes to pricing - brand new drives basically and they're dropping through the proverbial floor being pushed out.

Anyone think the quality might be suffering - aka the Maxtor syndrome, in some respects, even more now that Seagate owns Maxtor - because of this mad rush to fill machines with high capacity hard drives?

I wonder... I wonder...

Perhaps it's NOT Seagate. Notice where they ALL bought it from.

I doubt it's Seagate and more the fault of the actual shipping from SHIPPER. Love NE but their HD shipping SUX.

Back