HOT! Seagate 300GB SATA $105 Shipped @ Newegg

SATA?! OMG Im in!
in for 3, I think. I wonder if my mobo has R5 built in...if so I might order a fourth.

Wouldn't it be hot if it were 16mb? I'd call this decent on account that fry's has had them for $99 recently.

Qtip42 said:
Wouldn't it be hot if it were 16mb? I'd call this decent on account that fry's has had them for $99 recently.

Was it $99 at purchase, or $99 after rebates?

actually it was $89 with free shipping and a $50 rebate thats just turned up, however it was ATA.

diablo111 said:
Was it $99 at purchase, or $99 after rebates?

$99 no rebates. I'd have to look in the recycling bin to confirm but I'm pretty sure (it was SATA also). They've been doing the rebate thing too though. I hate that. I also hate the price juggling thing they're doing with the 8mb and 16mb cache versions.

Edit: however it was probably a maxtor and not a seagate for those who are brand nazis. I don't care what brand it is :D

wow this is hawt, dammit and i just picked up 2 seagate ata's from fry's for $89 a pice no rebates. they were the 300 gig with 16mb cache, but man woulda like to have the sata's. don't think there's too big of a performance diff tho.

The only drives I have had go out have been Maxtor. 3 so far. They make a lovely clicking noise. Seagate and WD have been great drives so far.

Very hot indeed. If I actually needed another drive I'd jump all over this. I have 650GB of storage on this PC with 260Gb free (4 drives total, 2x250GB in RAID 0 and a 120 and 80GB ...all Seagates).

The 16mb sata2 version of that was only $120 last week. I don't know why but they raised their prices on all of their hard drives accross the board this week. I just picked up a 250gb Samsung spinpoint for that much last week....so I'd say this is a great deal.

FWIW I will never buy a Maxtor or WD again. I've had a combination of five go out in the past two years.

Back