HOT: Samsung 830 - 256GB on Amazon. 199.99 after instant coupon

femi

Limp Gawd
After posting the 209.99 deal here, I logged in with my non-Prime account & found this deal

c3.PNG

I think so, to get the "Promotion Applied $10"
With Prime, I only got the $58 coupon

Are you sure the $10 isn't part a promo you received on a different recent purchase? Because I just checked with a non-Prime account and there is no $10 promo in addition to the $58 coupon.

I'm sure. This is a non prime account I haven't used in over 6+ months since I joined Prime. (I joined right before the Kindle Fire was released)

Eh - I got a SanDisk Extreme 240GB (actually 256GB but they have 16GB provisioned for reliability)

cost to me from buy.com yesterday after coupons and cash back? $150.39

$159.99 (no tax, free shipping)
5% cashback via fatwallet
1% cashback via my Visa card

= badass price for a top tier SSD.

Don't get me wrong the samsung is awesome too - just not worth an extra 50 dollars for 16GB when the reliability is already so damn close.

I think so, to get the "Promotion Applied $10"
With Prime, I only got the $58 coupon

Are you sure the $10 isn't part a promo you received on a different recent purchase? Because I just checked with a non-Prime account and there is no $10 promo in addition to the $58 coupon.

I have a prime account and received the regular $58 dollar discount and I am just fine with that. I was tempted with waiting with the "$150 and I will throw down for a 256gb drive" crowd but at this price I will have no regrets. I don't want to be sifting through deals around the holidays when I could be playing games and actually utilizing the ssd.

I touched my screen, its slightly warm.

lolz, agreed. This deal is slightly warm given the drama with prices over the last two months. This is not really a hot deal. A hot deal would have this priced at $160-$170 as they haven't dropped below $180ish IRC.

What's exciting to me is, I think that around a year from now we can expect to get at least 256 GB capacity in an SSD at/near this price point - *before* considering sales/discounts.

128 GB is plenty for my mobile computing needs, which is why I bought that version of this drive for my notebook. But I sure wouldn't mind having a nice spacious SSD for e.g. all my games and applications on my desktop machine. Also the 256 GB flavor of any given SSD almost always does slightly more IOPS than the smaller version.

What's exciting to me is, I think that around a year from now we can expect to get at least 256 GB capacity in an SSD at/near this price point - *before* considering sales/discounts.

128 GB is plenty for my mobile computing needs, which is why I bought that version of this drive for my notebook. But I sure wouldn't mind having a nice spacious SSD for e.g. all my games and applications on my desktop machine. Also the 256 GB flavor of any given SSD almost always does slightly more IOPS than the smaller version.

The way things have been going? You won't need a year, just wait till thanksgiving/christmas.

I just picked up a SanDisk Extreme 256 - $150.38 after coupons and cash back from a buy.com deal. (already got my tracking number too). We should be at or below $0.50 per GB by Xmas.

The way things have been going? You won't need a year, just wait till thanksgiving/christmas.

I just picked up a SanDisk Extreme 256 - $150.38 after coupons and cash back from a buy.com deal. (already got my tracking number too). We should be at or below $0.50 per GB by Xmas.

Don't jinx it. :D

Back