Hot ? Phenom ii 1075T x6 $180 @ fry's

The 1055t better see a HUGE price drop or it will become obsolete.

It's nice to see it cheaper, but I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't just the exact same chip. I'm running my 1055t undervolted and overclocked. It's such a beast.

I also think this is a black edition for those without the best ram.

It's nice to see it cheaper, but I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't just the exact same chip. I'm running my 1055t undervolted and overclocked. It's such a beast.

Yes and no, that's standard par for course in the CPU market, but AMD has made surprisingly great strides in improving the Phenom II design.

Seems great. My 1055t is running amazing and i got it for $210 with a mobo from Microcenter. This seems like a fantastic deal.

Jumped on the deal on Friday. Weird how Fry's has these in stock already since AMD has not released them yet, or at least not on there site. My rig has not been fully stable so hopefully Gigabyte will release a bios update to support this cpu. The sticker on the box shows it runs at 2.8 GHz but in my bios its showing 3 Ghz. Fry's website shows this chip as Black edition but don't think it is, mine came in the purple box not a Black one.

Someone care to buy this for me?

I'll pay for shipping to me and a bit for your time/effort.

Dang, I was at Fry's on Thursday a day before this deal started.

This would have been a nice replacement for my X4.

Whoohoo. Flight headed to San Diego this week. I was just in the market for a hex core CPU. Will be mine this week.

Man, I want to try out AMD for one of these 6-cores...

But then I keep thinking how Intel is still faster... =/

How does this compare to an I7-930 new at MicroCenter for $199?

It's generally slower than an i7-930, but you can build a setup around this for $100-200 cheaper at times.

I also think this is a black edition for those without the best ram.

From the picture, its not. Regular locked CPU. Im sure they have both versions, with the BE costing a lot more.

179.99 is instore only, you get a 50 dollar promo discount on it.

The 1055t better see a HUGE price drop or it will become obsolete.

the 125w version of the 1055T will probably see a huge price cut when the 95w model comes out..

Hummm... I just looked at Fry's website, and they show it at 229.99
http://www.frys.com/product/6355541

I wonder witch one is right.
fry's in store sales are in store only and same with their sales on the website.. ive tried a few times to get a price match based on a price thats listed on their site and they refuse to do them..

fry's in store sales are in store only and same with their sales on the website.. ive tried a few times to get a price match based on a price thats listed on their site and they refuse to do them..
Must be like bestbuy then. I bought a dvd and to get the online price a manager had to come and put in his code. Apparently the site is completely different. The manager told the cashier if they lost more than $10 on the movie to ring it up as instore pickup, but it was only $6 so they just rang it up as a store purchase, so they actually lost money on the movie I bought. The cashier told me when you buy it online for instore pickup, bestbuy.com reimburses the store for the price difference if there is one.

I might just have to stop by on my way home now to look at that. Would be a nice upgrade from my 555 that I couldn't unlock... dang you guy's for making me spend my money. lol

Microcenter has the 1090t black for $250 in store. Is it worth the price jump over this??

dang, nice deal.. if this came little earlier, i would have gone for this instead of my i7 and save some money

Hey guys, I'd be willing to grab one of these for someone for ~ $50'ish + shipping (I live 50 miles away and will have to fight traffic to get one). If you are interested, pm me. Not sure if it's worth it at that price point though....just thought i'd offer. Tax I think at the downers grove store is 6.25% as well.

Microcenter has the 1090t black for $250 in store. Is it worth the price jump over this??

Microcenter should be offering a free MB with almost all of their AMD chips, so if you need a MB too it might be worth it to get the 1090t.

Must be like bestbuy then. I bought a dvd and to get the online price a manager had to come and put in his code. Apparently the site is completely different. The manager told the cashier if they lost more than $10 on the movie to ring it up as instore pickup, but it was only $6 so they just rang it up as a store purchase, so they actually lost money on the movie I bought. The cashier told me when you buy it online for instore pickup, bestbuy.com reimburses the store for the price difference if there is one.

Well Not at out store. Our managers match the price 100% of the time, unless he is having a super bad day.

The 1090T is the black edition. 1055T and 1075T are both locked. 1055T has a x14 multi, 1075T has x15 for 2.8ghz and 3.0ghz respectively.

Man, I want to try out AMD for one of these 6-cores...

But then I keep thinking how Intel is still faster... =/
What the guy below me said
It's all about the price per $!
Building on this.. I spent $125 for my chip after rebates :D Made the deal totally worth it.

How does this compare to an I7-930 new at MicroCenter for $199?
A big win is the fact that AMD keeps the sockets in use for much longer. This alone adds so much value. If you want a real investment, get yourself a Crosshair IV now with a badass X6. Then later on when newer and better chips come out from AMD (like Bulldozer and the like), just upgrade later on. I love Intel... I've nothing but good things to say about their chips (had Q6600 before this), but the socket thing is a real deal killer for me...

Microcenter should be offering a free MB with almost all of their AMD chips, so if you need a MB too it might be worth it to get the 1090t.
I just did this deal w/ a X2 555 and my dad X4 640. The MSI board is nice, though for the serious enthusiast, I think you may want a full ATX.

The 1075T is a regular chip, only hex that is a BE, and probablyw ill be fore a while, is teh 1090T(until 1095T is released if they release it).........

As for how it compares to the 930....depends on what you do......in Video encoding, and stuff that actually benefits from actual cores, it beat i7's at the same/slightly higher speed(i refer to stock). In gaming, not much of a difference at all, same with windows usage......

as for whoever said 1055T price on 125w will drop when the 95w is released, TD has had the 1055t 95w in stock for a week or more

Back