Hot northbridge on DS3 limiting my OC?

thexassassin

Weaksauce
Currently, Im using a tuniq on my e4300 which stays in the high 30s and peaks in the 50s but my NB idles in the high 50s. There is no air flow directly in the northbridge even though i have 2 120mm case fans in the front and back.

Im stuck at 280x9 right now becuase any higher is unstable even at 1.375v. I have a feeling that once i change the cooling setup on the NB my overclock will skyrocket.

Currently, Im using a tuniq on my e4300 which stays in the high 30s and peaks in the 50s but my NB idles in the high 50s. There is no air flow directly in the northbridge even though i have 2 120mm case fans in the front and back.

Im stuck at 280x9 right now becuase any higher is unstable even at 1.375v. I have a feeling that once i change the cooling setup on the NB my overclock will skyrocket.

I kind of doubt the NB is limiting you at this point. 280fsb is not very stressful on your nb to say the least. Especially whey there are people running 450+.

If your NB is the problem your system will freeze or you'll get random reboots. Happened to me when I did not mount my HR-05 well. The NB was overheating and the computer would reboot itself or freeze.

By way - where are you getting your NB temp reading from?

If your NB is the problem your system will freeze or you'll get random reboots. Happened to me when I did not mount my HR-05 well. The NB was overheating and the computer would reboot itself or freeze.

By way - where are you getting your NB temp reading from?

well wouldn't cpu limits also cause freezing an crashes and random reboots?

Back