HOT! Newegg PSU Plus Harddrive Combo!

Enectic

Limp Gawd
Shellshocker right now they have a 500GB Seagate HD for $40, deal is alright, but if you look at the combo deal they have...

Seagate 500GB HD PLUS Thermaltake 750w Modular Power supply is a 55 dollar discount! You're getting the HD for free! Not only that but there's a 20 dollar rebate on the PSU too! Which brings the total to $64.95 FREE SHIP for the HD and the PSU!

Heres a link to the combo

Last edited by a moderator:
dead??? i only see combos for oem software things and a remote

edit: nm links dont go to the actual hard drive thats part of the shell shocker deal

yeah except, as I understand it, that thermaltake is not a quality psu, nevermind seagate's perennial reliability issues...

I haven't had problems with the 7200.10/.11/.12 drives, but I wouldn't want to order a bare drive from newegg, especially not with a heavy object in the same box.

I haven't had problems with the 7200.10/.11/.12 drives, but I wouldn't want to order a bare drive from newegg, especially not with a heavy object in the same box.

This part in particular.

http://www.overclockershq.com/hardw...x-750w-power-supply-review.html#axzz0qrClkDQf

"Although 750W might not be enough juice for your Tri-SLI or Quad-Fire setup, it is more than enough for your average user, and the fact that this puppy is dead quiet makes it a great sleeper.

The Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W Power Supply is a rock steady work horse with all the cable management you need to maintain a clean case and good airflow. Couple the modular options with a quiet running fan and high efficiency output and you have yourself a winner.

Would I recommend this product? Yes, Thermaltake has always made a rock solid products and the quiet technology they used on their new TR2 series power supplies is far superior to other “silent PSU’s” I have used in the past. I whole heartedly endorse this product and think everyone looking for a good name to stand by Thermaltake is a great bet that won't upset."

http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=1732&p=4404

"Concluding, the Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W is power supply is pretty good all things considered. The high variation during load is nothing to be worried about in my opinion unless you are running a 24/7 powerhouse in your case.

As mentioned earlier, some people have found that this PSU can't handle full load. While we couldn't verify this finding, we did notice how the variance and ripple increased with the load.

All in all, I was satisified with what I came up with and what the TR2 RX had to offer for an average build. Constant stability right up until max load, and did do a great job of keeping its own internal components cool. I’ve seen better power supplies, but I’ve also seen much, much worse."

http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/thermaltake_tr2_rx_750w_power_supply_review/index5.php

"The results were excellent and unsurprising, given the specifications. The measured voltages were very stable and very close to their respective targets and while there was a little more ripple on the 12V rail than I would like to see, it was certainly in the acceptable range. The fan was essentially silent throughout the several days of testing and, as one would expect from a PSU with this kind of efficiency, the Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W stayed very cool as well.

Thermaltake's TR2 RX 750W has proven itself to be a very capable PSU. With impressive stability, quiet operation, modular design with plenty of connectors and sleeved cabling, this PSU brings a lot to the table and does so with a fairly modest price tag.

Just like the (more expensive) ToughPower line, this TR2 RX offering is supported by Thermaltake's 5-year limited warranty. Mr. Bones and I have had good luck with the upper echelon Thermaltake power supplies and we have no reason to believe the TR2 RX series units will be a disappointment."

Sounds like a winner to me. Maybe the guys in the original review got a bad batch...?

http://www.overclockershq.com/hardw...x-750w-power-supply-review.html#axzz0qrClkDQf

"Although 750W might not be enough juice for your Tri-SLI or Quad-Fire setup, it is more than enough for your average user, and the fact that this puppy is dead quiet makes it a great sleeper.

The Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W Power Supply is a rock steady work horse with all the cable management you need to maintain a clean case and good airflow. Couple the modular options with a quiet running fan and high efficiency output and you have yourself a winner.

Would I recommend this product? Yes, Thermaltake has always made a rock solid products and the quiet technology they used on their new TR2 series power supplies is far superior to other “silent PSU’s” I have used in the past. I whole heartedly endorse this product and think everyone looking for a good name to stand by Thermaltake is a great bet that won't upset."

http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=1732&p=4404

"Concluding, the Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W is power supply is pretty good all things considered. The high variation during load is nothing to be worried about in my opinion unless you are running a 24/7 powerhouse in your case.

As mentioned earlier, some people have found that this PSU can't handle full load. While we couldn't verify this finding, we did notice how the variance and ripple increased with the load.

All in all, I was satisified with what I came up with and what the TR2 RX had to offer for an average build. Constant stability right up until max load, and did do a great job of keeping its own internal components cool. I’ve seen better power supplies, but I’ve also seen much, much worse."

http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/thermaltake_tr2_rx_750w_power_supply_review/index5.php

"The results were excellent and unsurprising, given the specifications. The measured voltages were very stable and very close to their respective targets and while there was a little more ripple on the 12V rail than I would like to see, it was certainly in the acceptable range. The fan was essentially silent throughout the several days of testing and, as one would expect from a PSU with this kind of efficiency, the Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W stayed very cool as well.

Thermaltake's TR2 RX 750W has proven itself to be a very capable PSU. With impressive stability, quiet operation, modular design with plenty of connectors and sleeved cabling, this PSU brings a lot to the table and does so with a fairly modest price tag.

Just like the (more expensive) ToughPower line, this TR2 RX offering is supported by Thermaltake's 5-year limited warranty. Mr. Bones and I have had good luck with the upper echelon Thermaltake power supplies and we have no reason to believe the TR2 RX series units will be a disappointment."

Sounds like a winner to me. Maybe the guys in the original review got a bad batch...?
Those are not proper reviews and they did not test the PSU correctly. The results of the Hardware Secrets review are conclusive.

I've been looking and looking at all the reviews I could find and everyone except hardware secrets seems to think positive of this PSU. I'm not trying to say that this PSU is up there with Antec or Corsair but it's hard to discredit 12+ different sites that didn't have major problems with it because one did.

I've been looking and looking at all the reviews I could find and everyone except hardware secrets seems to think positive of this PSU. I'm not trying to say that this PSU is up there with Antec or Corsair but it's hard to discredit 12+ different sites that didn't have major problems with it because one did.

Still, I wouldn't use this to power my Crossfire 5770 and OCed X6 cpu. No way it would handle it without ripple.

HardwareSecrets said:
It burned after one minute delivering 750 W at a room temperature a little bit above 45º C. Thinking that we may have got a defective unit, we asked Thermaltake another sample, which burned exactly the same way. In both units the component that burned was one of the +12 V rectifiers.

Noise and ripple levels were way above the maximum allowed during tests four and five. With the first sample, noise levels during test four was 130.2 mV at +12VA and 127.6 mV at +12VB, jumping to 183.8 mV and 166.8 mV during test five, respectively. We got even worse results with the second sample, as it also failed on +5 V and +3.3 V

Considering that tweaknews, ocmodshop or overclockershq didn't use a load tester or oscilloscope, getting the gold award shouldn't be hard when they use an Athlon 64 X2 or no test platform at all and simply say "Thermaltake has always made a rock solid products "

I wouldn't use this psu for any gaming machine.

Hah, neither would I, but then again if you have a setup like that and use a $100 PSU you're crazy.

Those sites are discredited by default because of the fact that they do not perform proper reviews. It doesn't matter how many sites give the PSU good reviews if they don't actually test it properly.

I'm not trying to say that this PSU is up there with Antec or Corsair but it's hard to discredit 12+ different sites that didn't have major problems with it because one did.

Sure it is. Just look at the testing methodology. Is it a 1 page writeup with just a kill-a-watt meter? If those 12+ sites didn't use an oscilloscope, I'd stop reading.

I'm not expecting anyone with a quad core and crossfire setup to jump on this and put it into their gaming rig. However, it seems to be a decent PSU at about $30 for PC's that aren't geared towards gaming. At $30 you could worse...alot worse.

I just ordered parts for a friend's non-gaming rig. It was this, or a Corsair 400w and 1tb drive over at Tiger Direct for the same price. I went with the latter. This is kind of tempting though.

lol, the Etasis 750w PSU in my sig was $50. That was one of the best deals of the past six months...

Haha, I could use one. I use a toughpower myself and am due for an upgrade soon. I always seem to miss those deals...

Back