• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HOT! MX Revolution Wireless $50 @ BB!

oh rly.....800 dpi is fine for me....what makes it a "non gaming" mouse?
 
I think it was at your local store. I don't see it listed on their site no matter what store locally.

Anyway, there is that 50 deal at Logitech's site for the mx3200. Got me one and really excited.
 
I have this mouse. It's relegated to wifes laptop use. It's not a very good mouse at all. For internet surfing, it's fine. It looks good, and has good battery life.

However, it was constantly losing connection/hitching in games. Was just unacceptable.
 
I have a VX revolution and it's a solid mouse. IIRC they have issues with wifi networks, so I wouldn't use one as a gaming mouse if you have a router nearby. YMMV.
 
There is always the chance of stuttering and signal loss with wireless mice. Even the very expensive Mamba still does from time to time for me. But the MX Revolution is not a bad mouse. It is extremely comfortable but is better suited for things other than gaming due to the fact that it is wireless and apt to have its signal interupted from time to time.
 
I have the revolution and have loved it, but not for gaming. The shape is all wrong, no dpi switching, or middle mouse button.
 
I have the MX Revolution and love it! Even for gaming it has been a great mouse. I don't play online that often but for games like Far Cry 2, Mirror's Edge, etc, it has performed perfectly. I don't ever get hitches and the battery has good life, When it goes down I just stick it in the cradle.
 
Never had a problem with this mouse for gaming... I get great battery life, and it never - ever - hitches. I have to turn it on and off once every 3-4 days, but that takes all of 3-4 seconds tops.
 
I used the MX Revolution for gaming for a bit. Now I use it on my coffee table to run netflix, and I have a corded mouse for gaming.
 
I've used this mouse for gaming as well and have never had a problem. I used it as my primary for a while and an MX1000 as a backup. Now I'm back to using the MX1000 primarily for games because it just feels better, and the Revolution for everyday surfing.
 
Wireless mouse cannot be good gaming mouse due to input lag.

Since I use an Apple slimline keyboard, the receiver is less than 4" away from the mouse at all times. I can guarantee there's absolutely no input lag.

Hell, even when it was 2-3 feet away from the mouse there was only the slightest hitch, every few minutes.
 
connection to the base gets dropped in the least expected moment all the time.

Well thats because its not connected to the base :rolleyes:
Its connection is via usb dongle. I have mine plugged in one of the ports of my g15 keyboard. My mouse is never more than a foot away from my keyboard. I have never ever had a single disconnect.

The only difference between "gaming" mice and "normal" mice is the fact that they are marketed to gamers.
 
Well thats because its not connected to the base :rolleyes:
Its connection is via usb dongle. I have mine plugged in one of the ports of my g15 keyboard. My mouse is never more than a foot away from my keyboard. I have never ever had a single disconnect.

The only difference between "gaming" mice and "normal" mice is the fact that they are marketed to gamers.



Exactly.

I am a big guy with big hands and this thing is really comfortable. Hitching? Wish I could use that excuse in FPS, but I am always at the top of the scoreboard in UT3 and Quake Live. 2+ years and still going strong. Mine is plugged in tthe USB hub on my desk. You can't plug it in the back of your pc, shove it under the desk and expect it to not "hitch". :rolleyes:

Mouse is fine. Can't go back to wired. Its like going back to use rotary phones.:p
 
Mines plugged in the back of my computer and works fine no hitching or lost connection. This is a great mouse for people with large hands. I'm on my second one though first one only lasted about a year and a half before the sensor that turns it off when your not using it went bad and it would start turning off every couple seconds, was really annoying! Probably dropped it one too many times...
 
I had bad experience with this mouse. It skips quite a bit during regular use with or without the setpoint software. Not having a click-able middle button is another flaw. I even got a mouse pad just for this mouse and it still skips. I got mine for $40 but it's still not worth it to me.
 
I have this mouse. It's relegated to wifes laptop use. It's not a very good mouse at all. For internet surfing, it's fine. It looks good, and has good battery life.

However, it was constantly losing connection/hitching in games. Was just unacceptable.

This is an excellent mouse. You probably have radio/interference issues. I own 4 of these and never had a problem. I use 2 per machine that way while one is recharging, I'm using the other.
 
I had bad experience with this mouse. It skips quite a bit during regular use with or without the setpoint software. Not having a click-able middle button is another flaw. I even got a mouse pad just for this mouse and it still skips. I got mine for $40 but it's still not worth it to me.

What do you mean a clickable middle button. It clicks. I use it all the time in that mode.
 
What do you mean a clickable middle button. It clicks. I use it all the time in that mode.

I meant when i depress the middle button it switches between the two scroll modes. I found it inconvenient as I'm used to bind functions to that button in games and such.
 
I have this mouse. It's relegated to wifes laptop use. It's not a very good mouse at all. For internet surfing, it's fine. It looks good, and has good battery life.

However, it was constantly losing connection/hitching in games. Was just unacceptable.

Something is interfering with your mouse. Just change the radio channel (do a google search) and it will fix it.

I have the revolution and have loved it, but not for gaming. The shape is all wrong, no dpi switching, or middle mouse button.

I meant when i depress the middle button it switches between the two scroll modes. I found it inconvenient as I'm used to bind functions to that button in games and such.

So change the way the middle mouse button works. It's configurable in the software. I just leave my mouse in free spin and use it as a middle mouse button.

Install uberoptions and you've got an extremely versatile mouse, that with buttons that can be configured to do different things in every application.

With that said, I still like the MX1000 better for games. It's buttons are laid out better for that purpose, IMO. nevertheless, I wouldn't hesitate the recommend an MX Revolution.

As for lag, I'm not sure what people are talking about....I move my mouse and it moves on the screen. If there's lag, I don't see it.
 
So this is a pretty decent all around mouse? I don't plan to game with it at all, just photoshop and that jazz. $50 is a steal...
 
Just got one to give wireless another try, have it and my DeathAddler plugged in simultaneously.

It's taken some getting used to, initial impressions are:

+ I like not having the mouse wire about my desk, always seems to get caught on stuff
+ the buttons program quite well, granted my DA does this too, but there are a few extra buttons on the MXRevo and I'm using them! (thumb wheel is now volume, which is very nice to have)
- doesn't feel quite as sharp in FPS's, I'm a little rusty though so it's kind of a nice training wheel, but I can tell I would never be able to twich with this mouse
 
I have this mouse. It's relegated to wifes laptop use. It's not a very good mouse at all. For internet surfing, it's fine. It looks good, and has good battery life.

However, it was constantly losing connection/hitching in games. Was just unacceptable.

QFT
 
I have the revolution and have loved it, but not for gaming. The shape is all wrong, no dpi switching, or middle mouse button.

i use it for gaming, its pretty good for FPS, and there is a middle button ;)
 
I have this mouse and the VX not bad mice at all. Game with it Crysis and other games pretty well.
 
Just picked one of these up at wally world on clearance for $30.. Nice stuff Logitech :cool:

Walmart or is wally world a real store? Does logitech have a new mouse coming out? I have an MX1000 and Revolution.

$40.00 isn't a bad price for this mouse.
 
Thanks, picked one up for $39.99 online with in store pick-up (Was $45 in the HI ad). Last one died in an unfortunate bout of rage. :)
 
Back
Top