HOT! MSI X79A-GD45 for $150 @ Frys (in store only)

Is any mobo deal "Hot" after the $80 MSI X99 from Jet? :)

jk, pretty nice deal for those looking to grab one of those cheap ebay xeons.

There is an Asus x79 black edition for $99 out there on the web, after price match but YMMV

Is any mobo deal "Hot" after the $80 MSI X99 from Jet? :)

jk, pretty nice deal for those looking to grab one of those cheap ebay xeons.

Still not over that and the stupid, stupid, stupid confluence of events that left me without access to my credit card for a crucial few hours.

Frys will put a lot of stuff on really good clearance but very often, there are like 4 display models scattered around the country - good luck finding them. My guess is that that's the case with this deal.

Edit: It looks like Sunnyvale has one as a display item. None in Houston or Austin. Those are the stores that popped up for me...

This not a sale price? If so I can get one in a week for ya

It's not a sale, but it's hot because x79 boards are suddenly hard to find and expensive when you find them. In fact I've seen several cheaper x99 boards. This is price is really probably for a couple of display models in a couple of stores, so I'm not holding my breath. But if you do find one, I will love you for it.

I think we might see a few more x79 boards surfacing as the migration to x99 keeps happening.

Best of luck OP. Tried hunting this at the four Fry's near me without luck (Dallas, Plano, Irving, Arlington).

^ Hopefully it's not a crappy display model with bent pins.
I'm sad every time I see a board like that at Fry's :(

Yeah I almost ended up with a mATX motherboard like that last year. Luckily I found a R4G instead. Always with the bent pins. How does a display with no chip even get bent pins haha

Back