Hot MSI GD85

Bump.

Bought one. Was looking on eBay for some cheap deals but missed them all. Figured I'd pay a little more for better quality (hopefully).

The volt readouts is very nice considering I just bought a Fluke a few weeks ago. Should come in handy. He he. :D

Thanks Oscar!

I have one, never have had a problem with it. It has been rock solid.

This deal would have made me think twice about my recent 1366 build... Oh well, good find OP!

Cool thing about this board is you can do SLI/CrossX & USB3 without eating into any of the video cards' PCI-E Lanes. Wish this deal was around when i put together my build a month ago. If it runs anything like my GD80, its a steal of a deal. Bought the GD80 open box deal for $130. Been rock solid ever since first boot.

Purchased!

New job = was looking to buy a new computer, so this pushed me over the edge. Can't wait!

This is why I check this forum multiple times during the day. I have been looking for a good mobo to build my vsphere box, bought this one up with an i5 and 6 gigs of ram - thanks OP!

This is why I check this forum multiple times during the day. I have been looking for a good mobo to build my vsphere box, bought this one up with an i5 and 6 gigs of ram - thanks OP!

6 gigs of ram. That is an odd amount for this configuration. Hopefully we didn't get triple channel...

6 gigs of ram. That is an odd amount for this configuration. Hopefully we didn't get triple channel...

Good call - I did not realize i5s do not support Triple Channel. New to the new generation of CPUs and mobos, good thing you mentioned this before I got and opened up the memory. Spoke to Newegg and they said I can just RMA the memory when I get it, since it is not opened no stocking fee.

Oped for 2 of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231193&Tpk=N82E16820231193

Due to the reviews of the 4x2 kit I decided to get two sets of the 2x2 kits in case a chip fails, I am not totally down.

Thanks man!

Holy cow, that's a good deal. That's what I paid for my GD65 awhile back (which is a great board--has not disappointed me. The GD85 can only be better!)

I bought the GD80 last year and love my I5 easy mode overclocker setup, I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one for the kids, just way too cheap to not get.

Wow, great deal. I bought my gd65 last October from newegg for ~$120 after MIR and am totally happy with it. Since this board adds in USB 3.0 and SATA 6GB, it's a killer deal.

Back