[HOT...?] Motospeed 104-key Outemu Blue RGB Mechanical Keyboard for $29.99

It's pretty solid. I just hope the Outemus hold up over time.

As do I. This is my first Otemu keyboard. I do know that a lot of people seem to think Kalih switches are better quality but I've actually had issues three times now with their switches (two Blackwidow RGB's and a Thermaltake Posiden Z RGB...yes I love RGB).

These switches, to me at least, seem to feel a lot more solid than the Kalih's. I like the feel better than MX Cherry Blues as well.

Just got mine today. Paid the slightly higher $31 the day after the initial deal.

I must say, this is a great board. Even at the current price I would not be unhappy, and I would still recommend this board to anyone for their first mechanical/RGB and/or for gifts. If it goes on sale again, it's most certainly worth nabbing just because.

If it goes on sale again, it's most certainly worth nabbing just because.

According to a response to a comment on Amazon, that initial price was a "pricing error" since they didn't figure the correct amount for shipping (supplies to Amazon?). So, we may be seeing the real "sale" price now.

Glad I got in at $30, but wish there was a "sleep" key.

Amazon guy said:
Before we make mistake we get the wrong price,make wrong the shipping cost price. so this is not real increase price.Our keyboard is really worth the price,this is good quality keyboard.

I went ahead and got the Velocifire TKL01 Tenkeyless mentioned earlier, will briefly review after I play with it.

According to a response to a comment on Amazon, that initial price was a "pricing error" since they didn't figure the correct amount for shipping (supplies to Amazon?). So, we may be seeing the real "sale" price now.

Glad I got in at $30, but wish there was a "sleep" key.

I see $38.49 on Amazon now. Still a great buy there. $29/31 was certainly too good to be true for this.

Up to $49.99! :eek:

(Which, coincidentally, seems more like a price that I would expect, but $50 for a mechanical RGB is still a pretty killer deal assuming the long term quality is there).

Brought the Motospeed to work with me today and have to echo everyone's previous sentiments...for $30, this thing is crazy good. For $50, it would still be a great buy. I didn't know what I would think about Outemu switches but so far I like them a lot!

Almost makes me want to sell all of my more expensive boards with Cherry switches, lol. I had no idea that you could get a quality mechanical RGB board for less than $50. My last experience with a cheaper, non-Cherry switch board (the ABS M1) was not a good one so I've stayed away from the inexpensive ones ever since. After experiencing this one, it's pretty clear that things have come a long way since then!

Basically I have

no-regrets-tattoo-i-regert-nothing.jpg

I have to say, the Outemus on the wife's Z77 are fantastic. I might pick one up for my office once I get situated.

I went ahead and got the Velocifire TKL01 Tenkeyless (delivered $29.99, amazon prime) mentioned earlier, will briefly review after I play with it.
This kb is compared to a Ducky DK2108SZ Cherry MX Brown switch with Blue LED 108 key ABS keycap, on sale total $105.97 delivered Dec 2014.

The TKL Velocifire w/Brown keys has similar key spacing and overall layout is identical to the ducky. The keycaps themselves feel ok.

The Velo is heavy and similar in weight to the duck if the duck had it's numpad keys removed. It did not flex with moderate force.

The Velo brown key feel is very close to the cherry mx browns, I'm sure a connoisseur could tell a difference but I couldn't.

I don't feel much of a bump with the Velo and the same goes for the duck.

The Velo says it has 3 levels of lighting. They are 1. Off, 2. Definitely On and 3. OMFG (lots of bleed, where are my welding goggles). I am color blind and the light looks White with maybe a little blue so take that for what it's worth.
The ducks blues led lighting varies from "nice and soft" to Aircraft Carrier landing lights with several increments in-between.
Both keyboards have various bling bling lighting features.

Velo cord length was 5'3".

Package included a 6"x8" single card manual with decent size print, It beat the ducks micro business card manual with tiny print.

Both came with a key puller.

ownership time: 2 hours playing Black Mesa single player

would buy again

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This keyboard is great. Bought 2 for my wife and I (along with a couple Logitech G600's). Great feel and setup. Lighting is neat.

Its $52 now probably promo price at 29 for reviews

Whose to say? All I know is that it was like $29.99 marked down from like $39.99 I want to say? Hell, I don't even think that's right...I think the price really was just $29.99.

It's because it blew up in sales from this thread as to why it's as expensive as it is now.

Definitely should write a review on it, certainly worth doing so.

Whose to say? All I know is that it was like $29.99 marked down from like $39.99 I want to say? Hell, I don't even think that's right...I think the price really was just $29.99.

It's because it blew up in sales from this thread as to why it's as expensive as it is now.

Definitely should write a review on it, certainly worth doing so.

Well thanks for posting the deal... I'm super happy with the ones that I bought. I probably wouldn't have bitten at $50 even though they're worth that, IMO. Maybe if I was looking for my first mechanical or mechanical RGB board but not as a "screw it, why not?" purchase. This thing ended up being an unexpectedly great board at a killer price!

Back