Hot? - Logitech Z Cinema Advanced 2.1 USB <$85 shipped

w1retap

[H]F Junkie
L23-9030 :: Logitech Z Cinema Advanced USB Surround Sound System - 180 Watt 3 Speaker (2 Satellite Speakers & Subwoofer) (33.05 lbs)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3523892&sku=L23-9030

$59.99 + shipping... came out to $83.xx shipped for me. Includes the MCE remote, 2 speakers, and a subwoofer.

They're heavy, so shipping is kind of killer, but it looks like an awesome deal to me. They look like an update to the Z-2300 kit, which is very good to begin with. Any comments/experience with these?

Spotted these earlier. DEFINITELY tempting, but like many of their speaker deals, the shipping is just crazy.

$85.77 shipped here, I bit, I been wanting to get some good 2 channel speakers for a while.

There an insane $244.99 on newegg!

Last edited:
I picked up a set back in March when the local CompUSA had them on sale for $79.99+ tax. They've been great so far, and they really are a solid performer for a 2.1 setup. I don't use them for gaming ( use my Plantronics GameCon Pro 1 headset for that ), but music playback is very nice and smooth. The remote is definitely a plus. I don't run MCE on my gaming rig, but the external remote is very handy when wanting to control the audio output.

I got in on this deal the last time it came around a few months ago. I'm not an audiophile, but through the USB connection, they sound pretty good, about the same as my Logitech Z-5300e set. They do have an analog line in on the side of one of the satellites too. Unfortunately, the quality through that connector is pretty poor, even to my unpolished ears. They seem to have a pretty audible low-level hum coming from the sub when they're quiet and set to the analog input. If you can get past that, they're a nice little set of bass-heavy computer speakers.

Edit:
Almost forgot, it's got some bad behavior in the volume controls. When the volume gets really low, the sub just doesn't play anything. It also allows you to individually adjust the bass and the treble volumes. Turn the bass all the way down, and the sub will again just not play anything. One notch up, and it's playing again. There's not nearly enough range of adjustment there, IMO. I found this out while trying to turn down the sub enough to stop that humming sound.

I got in on this deal the last time it came around a few months ago. I'm not an audiophile, but through the USB connection, they sound pretty good, about the same as my Logitech Z-5300e set. They do have an analog line in on the side of one of the satellites too. Unfortunately, the quality through that connector is pretty poor, even to my unpolished ears. They seem to have a pretty audible low-level hum coming from the sub when they're quiet and set to the analog input. If you can get past that, they're a nice little set of bass-heavy computer speakers.

Edit:
Almost forgot, it's got some bad behavior in the volume controls. When the volume gets really low, the sub just doesn't play anything. It also allows you to individually adjust the bass and the treble volumes. Turn the bass all the way down, and the sub will again just not play anything. One notch up, and it's playing again. There's not nearly enough range of adjustment there, IMO. I found this out while trying to turn down the sub enough to stop that humming sound.

Try different placement. I have a pair of these that I stopped using because I upgraded to Swan m200mkii's and a polk sub.

I never had a humming problem with the sub. Try moving it around different places to try and cancel out the hum

He probably just has a grounding issue somewhere along the line.. probably in the computer.

Back