**HOT** Lenovo Core 2 Duo Notebook $799.99AR

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Link

Office Depot has the Lenovo 3000 N100 15.4" Widescreen 6.2lb Notebook Computer Centrino Duo Mobile Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5500 1GB/120GB, DVD Writer, 15.4 widescreen $799.99 after rebates, free shipping.

$150 rebate Exp 10/21

$150 rebate Exp 10/31/06

Integrated Intel GMA 950 graphics.......................................................................

not intended for video gaming...............................................................................

Ok, but you know that at BB and CC you can buy a non-gaming laptop for $480??

Why you would want to pay almost twice as much just to do word processing or surfing the net, as you well put it, it's a non-gaming notebook, is beyond me.

Smoking hot deal I guess!

Hulk said:

Why you would want to pay almost twice as much just to do word processing or surfing the net, as you well put it, it's a non-gaming notebook, is beyond me.

so word processing and surfing the net is the only thing to do on a computer other than gaming? :rolleyes:

Hulk said:

Gaming and office use aren't the only two options for a notebook, portable gaming (laptop-wise) is a very small niche.

Hulk said:
Cheapest c2duo laptop at cc or bb is $1000, so $800 seems pretty hot to me. It's also got much better specs than the <$500 specials. Much better chip, an extra core, bigger hard drive, twice the memory, dvd burner, firewire AND it's lenovo which should mean better build quality (the old IBM thinkpads were bulletproof.)

Not everyone needs a gaming rig, but for general productivity you can tell the difference between a celeron and a core2.

The cheapest duo was $499 at CompUSA. Sale is over now, but I got one for a small job that I needed. It has shared video RAM. Not that good, but good enough for what I need now.

Hulk said:

There's a difference between a shitty quality laptop and a Thinkpad spinoff by.. Thinkpad manufacturers. I'd sure like a high-quality laptop instead of one that, well, will fall apart after a few months.

Stop thread crapping because you don't know anything about laptops.

Thinkpads are nice, I am issued one at work(T43 with ATI x300, 17" screen with nice resolutions). Durable as hell, and hands down the best keyboard of any laptop. This is a very nice deal on a rock solid laptop.

compwarez said:
so ibm = Lenovo™ is that correct?
lenovo bought ibm's thinkpad business. I don't think this deal is a thinkpad, but the build quality should still be ok.

Hulk said:

And since you didn't provide a link to those deals, I bet the laptops you're talking about are CORE DUO's. NOT CORE 2 DUO laptops.

And BB and CC usually don't sell quality stuff. I think they are big on Compaq and HP's, avertec's and the other cheapo's. I've dealt with many laptop manufactures, including IBM, Dell, Toshibas... IBM's are pretty nice and I believe their battery life is one of the longest, also their laptops are very light. I would say some Latitude Dell's are more resistant to drops though. However you need to learn more about laptops.

DriveEuro said:
not intended for video gaming...............................................................................
I wouldn't even use GMA for a business solution :)

deal is still hot, though i am going to be waiting for Santa Rosa.

Gaming was never really one of IBM's strengths anyways. If you're into gaming I'd get an XPS, Alienware, Sager, ABS, etc...

Back