HOT: Ivy Bridge CPUs @ MicroCenter (in store only)

Are you sure they're running the discount on the motherboards now? I don't see it listed, if so I'm heading there!

Nevermind, I see the $40 off motherboard deal listed in the flyer, thanks for the deal,

Nevermind, I see the $40 off motherboard deal listed in the flyer, thanks for the deal,

NP. May I recommend the i5 3570K & Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD3H combo, its what I have and its awesome (and great for a hackintosh).

You know they have been doing this for.... like ever right? There is a thread on it alomst every page.

The only chip that doesnt get the mobo discount is the 3770k... they just dropped the price on it $40 to cover the mobo deal.

You know they have been doing this for.... like ever right? There is a thread on it alomst every page.

The only chip that doesnt get the mobo discount is the 3770k... they just dropped the price on it $40 to cover the mobo deal.

They've been doing this at least since Sandy bridge. However, within the last couple months they dropped the CPU prices by $10 more but reduced the CPU/Motherboard discount to $40 from $50 to cover the difference.

They've been doing this at least since Sandy bridge. However, within the last couple months they dropped the CPU prices by $10 more but reduced the CPU/Motherboard discount to $40 from $50 to cover the difference.

Either way, its still a good deal.

I might hop on this. Do you think I would see any noticeable improvement over my 1156 i5 750?

Still rocking on a Q6600. Been planning to move the the latest i5 or i7. :confused:

http://techreport.com/review/23750/amd-fx-8350-processor-reviewed/14

For CPU limited things like encoding media it'll be a lot faster, and for gaming it might be 10-20% faster.

Especially if you get a mobo with virtua U or use the integrated graphics and can get an encoder that uses the fancy Intel HD encode pipelines. I would say from what I have seen from the clarksdale to the sandy bridge you get like a 10-15% improvement on a single thread at the same clock speed and I think from sandy to ivy its like a 8%, you you would probably see a difference. Remember though that you are going from 1156 to 1155 socket so you will need a new motherboard :(

They have been doing this for a little while now, and I have used it twice already. Did this almost a year ago for my i5 rig and just last weekend picked up the i3 3225 and an MSI mobo for $130 for my HTPC. :)

Bought 3570k and Biostar H77 for $215 OTD today. Used this deal twice before with SB.

BTW, not all Ivy processors are included, only 3570k and 3225.

I went there today to pick up a SSD. They sell a lot of shit and had a huge circular at the door. I was impressed.

Wish these deals weren't only in store items. A 5 hour drive one way to the closest to me store is out of the question. Build more stores MC!

I just read that some people are able to price match these CPU's at Best Buy over the phone. Just an FYI for those who live near a BB. It's worth a shot!

I'm crying internally: while I was able to get an i7 3770K for $243 (darn you, tax!), I could have gotten a UD5H for $139 with combo deal. Only reason I didn't bite is that I already bought a UD3H, and can't return it to the other retailer without restocking fees.

Oh well... I was originally hoping to pair UD3H with an i5 K-series, as the i7 is overkill for me, but considering they kept going out of stock faster than I could get to a Microcenter, i7 @ that price will have to do. :p

Finally if you have an MC near you (as in under three hours), I DEFINITELY recommend going for the CPU/motherboard combo deals.

I snagged a 3570k and a ASrock Z77 Pro4-M for $249ish after taxes last month, not a bad deal!

Last edited:
Got mine on Black Friday (drove to the store around 2:00 PM and the deal was still there). During that time the $40 combo discount was for a i5-3570k or an i7-3770k. Got an i5-3570k for $169.99, and the AsRock Extreme4 was on sale for $104.99. With the combo deal that took another $40 off, the total came to like $240 after sales tax.

This was an upgrade to my Q9550 which I also got at MC during a $150 sale a few years back.

They also had a deal on SSDs combo with a CPU ($20 off). I should have went for that one too. Oh well.

Put the rig together today and it is running really nice. I need a LGA 1155 CPU cooler though. :p

From now on my processor buys will be at MicroCenter. :D

Got mine on Black Friday (drove to the store around 2:00 PM and the deal was still there). During that time the $40 combo discount was for a i5-3570k or an i7-3770k. Got an i5-3570k for $169.99, and the AsRock Extreme4 was on sale for $104.99. With the combo deal that took another $40 off, the total came to like $240 after sales tax.

This was an upgrade to my Q9550 which I also got at MC during a $150 sale a few years back.

They also had a deal on SSDs combo with a CPU ($20 off). I should have went for that one too. Oh well.

Put the rig together today and it is running really nice. I need a LGA 1155 CPU cooler though. :p

From now on my processor buys will be at MicroCenter. :D

Just picked up the i5 3570k for $169.99 and an Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard for $149.99 (that's with the $40 off combo). Also picked up a bunch of other parts for my build.

Not too shabby of a deal. The fan controller software, built in wireless card, and debugging LED's made it worth it over the Asrock Extreme 4 for me.

Got the AF120 and SF120's backwards so going to get them exchanged today, but this is my build so far.

8259481469_7609f09e4a_c.jpg

Just picked up the i5 3570k for $169.99 and an Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard for $149.99 (that's with the $40 off combo). Also picked up a bunch of other parts for my build.

Not too shabby of a deal. The fan controller software, built in wireless card, and debugging LED's made it worth it over the Asrock Extreme 4 for me.

Got the AF120 and SF120's backwards so going to get them exchanged today, but this is my build so far.

8259481469_7609f09e4a_c.jpg
very clean

Back